Behavioral Health Services for Children
Henry Ford Behavioral Health Services is a trusted leader in treating children and adolescents. No one else in metro Detroit has the resources or the experience caring for mental health and substance abuse issues affecting young people.
Pediatric behavioral health: Conditions we treat
- Adolescent addiction treatment
- Anxiety, including
- Generalized anxiety disorders
- Separation anxiety
- Social phobia or anxiety
- School phobia or school refusals
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Selective mutism
- Behavioral disorders, including
- Disruptive behavioral disorder
- Intermittent explosive disorder
- Tic disorders
- Elimination disorders
- Enuresis and encopresis
- Tourette syndrome
- Depression, including
- Mood disorders
- Bipolar disorders in children/adolescents
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD)
- Learning disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Self injury and suicidal behavior
Child behavioral health and mental health services: Why choose Henry Ford
We offer one of the most comprehensive mental health programs dedicated to children and teens in Michigan. Parents trust us for their child’s care because we offer:
- Pediatric expertise: All of our psychiatrists are board-certified in pediatric psychiatry and fellowship-trained, which means they studied an additional year to specialize in this area. Your child will always see a specialist trained to work with children and teens.
- Compassionate treatment: Our care philosophy is simple: We treat our patients the same way we would want our own family members to be treated.
- Zero suicide initiative: We take pride in our Depression Care Program and the work we have done to reduce suicide rates. Learn more about our treatments for depression.
- Comprehensive substance abuse programs: We offer addiction treatments specialized for adolescent services at Henry Ford Maplegrove Center, our dedicated addiction center. Our outpatient clinics offer seamless care for dual diagnosis – when teens undergoing addiction treatment also require help for a related condition like depression.
- Open communication: Our patients have access to electronic medical records and MyChart, which allows you to schedule appointments, review health records and notify your doctor when you need a prescription refill.
- Proactive screening for self-injurious behavior: Self-injury and suicidal behavior are not diagnoses. However, these are common issues that affect teenagers with other mental health disorders. That’s why we do proactive screening on all our patients and treat this issue very seriously.