Interested in learning more about the field of addiction treatment? This free program is for adults age 18 or over who are studying or work in the...
Henry Ford Behavioral Health Services
Our behavioral health team provides the full spectrum of care options for mental health conditions like anxiety and depression, or substance abuse issues like drug or alcohol addiction.
We understand that the stress and worry that can come with managing a behavioral health disorder on your own can feel overwhelming or even hopeless. You are not alone. We are pleased to offer personalized programs designed to help you or your loved one move quickly along a positive treatment path.
- Comprehensive mental health care. Henry Ford offers both inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment options for senior, adult, teen and pediatric patients throughout southeast Michigan. Our therapeutic experts are experienced in diagnosing and treating all types of mental health disease, such as anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder or psychiatric illness combined with substance abuse.
- Addiction treatment. Led by a team of addiction specialists, Henry Ford Maplegrove Center provides a full range of substance abuse programs for teens and adults at six locations throughout metro Detroit. Services include residential (overnight) treatment and rehabilitation, detoxification services, outpatient programs, 12-step and family support groups.
- Neuropsychology services. Working in partnership with other medical specialists like neurologists and internists, our highly trained team of neuropsychologists evaluate patients of all ages experiencing neurocognitive (related to memory, thinking and attention) or emotional difficulties that may result from a wide array of conditions affecting the brain.
Why choose Henry Ford for your behavioral health care?
- Experience. Henry Ford is one of Michigan's largest and most experienced providers of comprehensive mental health care and substance abuse treatment services. With more than a dozen service locations throughout the metro Detroit area, we’re here where and when you need us.
- Expertise. From anxiety disorders to serious psychiatric conditions, our specialized and highly skilled therapeutic team confidently and compassionately evaluates and treats patients of all ages across the full spectrum of behavioral health disorders.
- Personalized approach. We understand that all of our patients are different, each with a unique story. We are dedicated to providing quality care to our patients through specialized programs designed to meet each patient’s particular needs.
- Family-centered care. We believe family participation in treatment is vital to long term success. From addiction programs and outpatient therapy to inpatient psychiatric stays, our programs keep family members involved in the treatment process.
- Easy access. Our trained mental health professionals are available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, to respond to patients’ needs and guide them to the necessary services. Whether they require outpatient appointments, medically supervised detoxification services or immediate inpatient treatment, our team connects patients with the right care, right away.
Leaders in Suicide Prevention
The Perfect Depression Care program was developed at Henry Ford Health System with one goal in mind – to completely eliminate suicide among our patients. Recognized by the Joint Commission’s Ernest Emory Codman Award and published by the Journal of the American Medical Association, the Perfect Depression Care program has resulted in a significant decrease in the incidence of suicide among our patients and around the country.