Mental Health Services for Children and Teens
Comprehensive outpatient care for pediatric patients
Caring for a child or teen with a mental health or behavioral issue can be stressful for both parents and families. Families throughout Michigan can rely on us as partners for their children’s mental and behavioral healthcare. Our goal is to provide the personalized, compassionate care we would want for our own children.
Conditions we treat
Our team is experienced in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating a wide range of behavioral and mental health conditions that affect young people, including:
- Addiction (substance-use disorder) in teens
- Anxiety, including obsessive-compulsive disorders, school refusal, selective mutism, separation anxiety, or social phobias/anxiety
- Behavioral disorders and concerns, including disruptive/violent behavior
- Depression and mood disorders, including bipolar disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD), and major depression
- Learning disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
To make an appointment with a behavioral health expert call:
How we care for children and teens
You’ll work closely with your child’s care team every step of the way. Our care starts with a thorough assessment to identify your child’s unique needs and concerns.
Our top priority is making sure your child is safe and healthy. Young patients with depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions are at risk for self-injury and suicidal behavior. We take this issue very seriously and proactively screen all patients to address this risk.
Many children and teens can be treated successfully with outpatient psychiatric care. We collaborate with parents/guardians, as well as other family members as appropriate, to create a personalized treatment plan for each of our young patients. Our treatment plans focus on care and behaviors that are appropriate for the child’s age or developmental stage.
Our expert team of pediatric providers will answer your questions and care for your child in a friendly, safe atmosphere. We offer outpatient pediatric and adolescent care at five behavioral health locations throughout Michigan. Our comprehensive program also offers your child access to adolescent substance-use treatment or inpatient pediatric psychiatric care if needed.
School accommodations and support
Children and teens with behavioral or mental health conditions often have special considerations that adults with similar conditions don’t share. Our pediatric providers and neuropsychologists can work with your child’s school and other medical specialists to make sure your child has the resources they need to thrive in the educational environment, such as:
- Special accommodations at school
- Special considerations for college admissions exams
- Neuropsychological examination for behavioral conditions, learning disorders, or complex medical conditions