Donna Wellington, Vice President, Primary Health, and Windsor Essex-County resident is honored to advocate for the community.
Complete testing for complex conditions affecting adults and children
Neuropsychology is the study of how brain function relates to behavior, emotion, and cognition (thinking). Our team evaluates patients of all ages throughout southeast Michigan for problems associated with behavioral or medical conditions. In addition to testing and diagnosis, we also provide recommendations and education to help patients and families better understand their conditions and related challenges.
Our neuropsychology team works with adult patients who have conditions that affect behavior, emotion, and thinking, such as:
- Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, or memory loss
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Head injuries and concussions
- Various neurological disorders
- Psychiatric conditions
- Genetic and other medical disorders
- Cognitive, emotional or mental health issues following a lengthy ICU stay
In children and teens, patients often see our trained pediatric neuropsychologists for evaluation for difficulties relating to:
- Neurological and medical conditions, such as spina bifida, hydrocephalus, seizures, and genetic disorders
- Autism educational planning
- Neurodevelopmental disorders, such as intellectual disabilities or language delays
- Complications from preterm birth or complex pregnancies
- Learning disabilities
Patients of all ages also come to us for evaluations following head injuries and concussions. Through testing, we can assess the extent of the injury and make treatment recommendations to help patients back to work, school, and sports safely.
Expert recommendations in a patient-focused setting
Our recommendations are based on the evidence we gather in detailed evaluations and the latest medical science. We work with experts in a variety of fields as part of a team effort for our patients, including:
Insurance and billing
Our scheduling coordinators verify your insurance benefits before neuropsychology appointments, and we’ll work with you on billing and payment options if you have expenses not covered by insurance.
Locations near you
We provide neuropsychology services at several locations throughout the Detroit metro area, including:
- Henry Ford Behavioral Health locations in Detroit (adults and children/teens), Clinton Township (adults and children/teens), and Dearborn (adults only)
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital (adults and children/teens)
Distinction based on quality of care, patient experience and cost efficiency.
Henry Ford Health System specialty clinic aims to help patients overcome cognitive, mental health conditions.
Before purchasing the latest electronics for your kids this holiday season, take these steps to evaluate if they are developmentally ready for digital device use.
Learn why mental health issues like depression and anxiety are risk factors for developing long COVID--and what you can do about it.
Do you excel at work or school but still feel anxious? Learn how to recognize anxiety symptoms and get care to improve your health and well-being.
What's the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist--and which one should you see? Here's how to find a therapist who is right for you.