Convenient, compassionate same-day care for our chemotherapy and radiation oncology patients
At the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, we know that the side effects of cancer treatment can be challenging. While your care team is always available to answer questions and offer support, we developed the OncoStat clinic to provide you with an extra level of care for any urgent health needs.
What is the OncoStat clinic?
The OncoStat clinic is an immediate care option that works in collaboration with your Henry Ford Cancer Institute medical oncology and/or radiation oncology team. Nurses and advance practice providers who specialize in oncology offer same day attention if you are having side effects from your cancer treatment.
When should I contact the OncoStat clinic?
If you are having the following side effects from cancer treatment, our OncoStat team can help and possibly avoid the need for an in-person visit:
- Mouth pain or sores
If you are experiencing more serious symptoms, call the OncoStat clinic at (313) 916-9840 before going directly to urgent care or an emergency department. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, our team may be able to set up a video visit with a provider so you can be seen in the comfort of your home:
- Fever higher than 100.5° F
- Feeling ill with chills, but no fever
- Cough or sore throat
- Vomiting that continues for longer than 12 hours
- Severe constipation or diarrhea
- Bleeding or bruising
- Blood in the urine or stool
- Redness, swelling or sores on the skin
- Pain in a new place or pain that is not relieved by your pain medicine
- Nasal congestion, drainage, or cough
- Numbness or tingling in hands or feet
Our triage nurse will review your symptoms and help you decide what type of visit is best for you. Our OncoStat specialists will fast track any blood work or imaging tests needed, provide medications, infusions or other treatment and get you feeling better as quickly and safely as possible.
If you believe you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
What type of visits does OncoStat offer?
- Same-day support by phone or in-person visits at several locations
- Video visits are scheduled video appointments where you will speak with a provider through MyChart in the comfort of your home. When you call the OncoStat clinic, our staff will let you know if scheduling a video visit is the best next step. Watch this short instructional video to learn how to download the mobile MyChart app (Android or iPhone) and complete a MyChart video visit.
Connect with a Cancer Expert
Our cancer team is here for you in-person, by phone and virtually for all your cancer care needs.