The Henry Ford Vein Center
Varicose and spider veins can affect men and women of all ages. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 50-55 percent of women and 40-45 percent of men will suffer from some form of vein problem. Varicose veins are usually present in the legs, appear close to the surface of the skin, and are large, bulging, and often painful. Some types of varicose veins may indicate disorders that are more serious. Spider veins are smaller, red, purple, blue clusters of twisted vessels also appearing through your skin, and can appear not only on your legs, but also on your chest and face, as well.
Perhaps you feel the need to cover your legs because of the unsightly blemishes. Or maybe your veins are causing discomfort, pain or other serious symptoms. While removal of spider veins is a common procedure, other conditions such as varicose veins may require treatment that is more aggressive. No matter what your reason for seeking treatment, the medical experts at the Henry Ford Center for Cosmetic Surgery are here to help you look and feel your best.
Features of our center include
- Expertise. Our center includes physicians with years of experience and who are all board-certified to specifically treat a wide range of vein disorders. Our team approach means that you receive the most comprehensive care available from leading specialists in the field.
- Full spectrum of treatment. Whether you are unhappy with the way your legs look or you are seeking relief from pain and discomfort, our specialists provide the full spectrum of care. From expert diagnosis to a treatment plan tailored specifically for you, we provide all the vein care you need in a warm, professional environment.
- Advanced techniques. We have the skills and resources to perform all types of procedures, including minimally invasive laser vein removal. We perform many procedures on an outpatient basis, meaning you can go home the same day.
What to expect
Once we complete your diagnosis, we will discuss your treatment options and choose the approach that offers you the best outcome. Advanced procedures we provide include:
- Laser therapy. This painless procedure is an effective treatment for spider veins and varicose veins. It uses innovative laser technology to target the veins and break down the vein wall. Within a few weeks, they are no longer visible.
- Radiofrequency ablation. This minimally invasive, nonsurgical procedure takes a few hours as an outpatient procedure. Guided by ultrasound imaging, your doctor inserts a tiny probe under your skin and directs it to the vein, where it emits heat to break down the vein wall.
- Microphlebectomy. This is a vein removal procedure. Your physician makes several small incisions in your skin and removes the varicose vein.
- Liquid or foam sclerotherapy. This is a non-surgical procedure that is performed in the office. A solution is injected into the vein wall to irritate the lining and cause the vein to collapse, making it invisible.
Our staff strive towards providing our services at minimal cost to our patients. Spider veins that are visually unsightly are not covered under insurance, but affordable treatments are available. For symptomatic varicose veins, the majority of our patients are approved by insurance and have little to no out-of-pocket expense. If your procedure is not covered by insurance, self-pay options are available.
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.