Schedule an appointment with a vascular surgeon today.
If you have symptoms affecting your circulatory system, you want the best possible care from experienced vascular disease specialists. At Henry Ford Health System, you have access to vascular doctors with extensive training and experience in the latest treatment options.
Dr. Alice Lee explains who should be tested for vascular disease and why early detection is so important.
Vascular disease: Our approach to care
Our specialists can care for all forms of vascular disease, including uncommon and complex conditions. We help you get answers to unexplained symptoms, and we offer treatment to relieve your discomfort and protect your health.
Whether your doctor refers you or you come to us directly, you can expect:
- World-class expertise: Our board-certified specialists have advanced training and years of experience. We bring you the latest advancements in diagnosis and treatment from up-to-the-minute research. Our specialists include vascular surgeons, vascular medicine specialists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and interventional radiologists.
- Legacy of innovation: Our vascular surgeons are pioneers in innovative treatments for vascular disease. We were the first in Michigan to perform a minimally invasive aortic repair called EVAR and continue to expand its use. Our cardiac and vascular surgeons are internationally known for their work with blocked arteries. Our specialists continue to look at the choice of treatment and when to give it, for the best possible results.
- Individualized treatment: Minimally invasive options are increasingly available, but the approach isn’t always a good fit. We still offer expertise in open surgery, an option not always available elsewhere. Using thorough evaluations, our specialists focus on your unique situation. We have the expertise to help you find the most effective and longest-lasting approach.
- Dedicated vein center: Henry Ford offers the only comprehensive program in southeast and south central Michigan for managing vein disease. It’s also one of the few centers of its kind in the country. We bring together experts from various specialties to offer high-quality care, for even the most complex cases.
- Nationally accredited testing: Our specialized vascular labs offer superior quality and accuracy, with certified technologists dedicated to top imaging. Together with our radiology and cardiac catheterization programs, we offer all the tests needed to diagnose vascular conditions and rule out other possibilities. We know how to interpret results so you get the right treatment.