Schedule an appointment with a heart surgery expert, today.
While it may be scary to think about heart surgery, there’s no need. Our team of experts has a prestigious three-star rating (the highest possible) from the Society for Thoracic Surgery for excellent outcomes in coronary artery bypass grafting.
Cardiac surgery experts in southeast and south central Michigan
From open surgical procedures to minimally invasive repairs, we offer the most advanced cardiothoracic procedures for your condition. Our specialties include:
- Aortic aneurysm repair: Working together, cardiac and vascular surgeons repair weak spots and bulges along your aorta using the best available stent grafts. Learn more about our multidisciplinary aortic program.
- Aortic valve replacements: We are one of the first programs in Michigan offering minimally invasive valve replacement surgery. Also known as transcathether aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG): This life-saving procedure restores good blood flow to your heart by creating a bypass around diseased arteries. As one of the nation’s leaders in cardiac robotic surgery, we perform CABG procedures using an advanced remote-controlled robotic system. Learn more about robotic surgery.
- Left ventricular assist devices (LVAD): We are one of few programs in Michigan with extensive knowledge and expertise in LVADs. These tiny mechanical devices take over the pumping action of your heart. Learn more about our left ventricular assist device program.
- Mitral Valve Surgery As the most structurally complex of your heart’s four valves, mitral valve conditions require expert care. From widening valve openings (valvuloplasty) to replacing worn out valves, our team delivers the best care for your condition. Learn more about heart valve repair and replacement procedures.
- Robotic Heart Surgery: With over 10 years of experience, we are among the nation’s leaders in robotic heart surgery. Using a sophisticated surgical robot system, we perform procedures such as coronary artery bypass grafting with great precision through tiny incisions.
Heart surgery at Henry Ford
We practice personalized care, meaning we only recommend and deliver treatments that we think are best for your condition. We also take time during each step of your treatment to make sure you understand what your options may be and what is going to happen next.
If your doctor thinks you need heart surgery, we make every effort to get you in to meet with one of our surgeons as quickly as possible. Here’s what you can expect:
- Review of your family health history
- Discuss your symptoms, past treatments, medical history and lifestyle
- A physical exam
We may also send you for additional diagnostic tests, such as echocardiography to find out more about your symptoms and see if you are healthy enough for surgery. We perform testing in dedicated cardiovascular testing labs where a team of diagnostic experts uses special equipment and techniques to test your heart’s functioning. Learn more about heart disease diagnosis.
Using a team approach, our experts work together to deliver the best surgical care. Our team includes:
- Cardiac anesthesiologists
- Cardiac surgeons
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants