Why choose Henry Ford Health for heart surgery?
When you come to us for your care, we listen closely to your concerns and help you understand your options and the next steps. Our heart surgery program offers you:
- Team of heart experts: Our board-certified cardiothoracic surgeons have advanced training and expertise in the latest heart surgery techniques. Our team includes specialty-trained cardiologists, physician assistants, cardiac nurses and cardiac anesthesiologists for complete care.
- Expertise in specialized heart care: We’re among the few heart surgery teams in Michigan that can treat all types of heart disease. Doctors refer their patients to us for not only our surgical skill, but also our ability to care for the most complex patients. For people with end-stage heart failure, we provide complete support with ventricular assist devices (VADs) and heart transplantation.
- Comprehensive care for all types of heart disease: We coordinate your care with other heart teams at Henry Ford. Our heart surgeons collaborate with experts in interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, structural heart disease and vascular disease. No matter what type or stage of heart disease you have, we can help you. See all the heart diseases and conditions we treat with surgery.
- Advanced heart surgery techniques: Our cardiothoracic surgeons have mastered all the latest open and minimally invasive surgery procedures. When appropriate, we use robotic equipment for extreme precision in intricate, minimally invasive procedures. Learn more about our heart surgery procedures.
- Dedicated heart care and support: In our cardiac intensive care unit (CICU), dedicated intensivists and their teams provide the highest level of specialized care. Our CICU cares for critically ill patients, before and after heart surgery. Our medically supervised cardiac rehabilitation program helps you get back on your feet after heart surgery or a cardiac event. Find out what to expect during heart surgery recovery.
Schedule a heart surgery consultation
Request an in-person or virtual appointment with a heart team member for evaluation. Our cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons work together to plan your treatment and discuss surgery options.
Heart Surgery Care Locations
The new location expands Oakland County’s access to affordable, on-demand urgent care
Study validates technology that predicts vascular access blockages in dialysis patients
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Now Using One-of-a-Kind Imaging Technology for Brain Tumor Surgery
DETROIT (Jan. 12, 2023) – Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital has begun using Gleolan®, a one-of-a-kind optical imaging agent that...