Schedule your mammogram online at one of our convenient locations across Southeast Michigan.
Mammography is an x-ray exam of breast tissue. The image produced is called a mammogram. A mammogram can help detect problems with your breasts, such as cysts or cancer.
- You will need to undress from the waist up.
- The technologist will position your breasts to get the best test results.
- Each of your breasts will be compressed. This helps get the most complete x-ray image.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Bring a prescription if your doctor has given one to you.
- Do not apply underarm deodorant, powders, ointments or creams to your chest area the day of your scheduled exam. These products can show up on the images.
- Bring prior mammography exams from other facilities with you at the time of the current exam.
- If you are lactating, please nurse or pump prior to your mammogram.
- If you are pregnant or could possibly be pregnant, screening mammography should be postponed until after pregnancy unless your physician determines there are clinical concerns. In this case, mammography should not be postponed and diagnostic mammography should be performed.