Mobile Health Coach
Bringing Digital Mammography to You
The Henry Ford Allegiance Mobile Health Coach is staffed by skilled, caring professionals who provide digital mammography in a setting designed for your comfort, convenience and privacy.
Digital mammography is a non-invasive, three-dimensional imaging technique used for the early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer. While digital mammography looks and feels similar to conventional mammography, it provides your physician with clear, digital images of the breast, rather than images on film. This FDA approved technology allows radiologists to adjust contrast and zoom in on suspicious areas. Digital mammograms can be quickly and efficiently stored on a computer and electronically sent to physician offices.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women age 40 and older should have a mammogram every year for as long as they are in good health. Following this guideline increases the chances of early detection, which is key to successful cancer treatment.
The well-equipped mobile health coach makes scheduled visits to these communities in south central Michigan:
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Albion 27931 C. Drive North, Albion
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Brooklyn 153 Wamplers Lake Road, Brooklyn
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Grass Lake 12369 E. Michigan Avenue, Grass Lake
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Leslie 130 N. Sherman Street, Leslie
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Mason 810 N. Hogsback Road, Mason
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Onsted 8958 West M-50, Onsted
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Spring Arbor 7845 Spring Arbor Road, Spring Arbor
- Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine – Townsend 400 Hinckley Boulevard, Jackson
- Center for Family Health 505 N. Jackson Street, Jackson
Important information to know before making an appointment for a mammogram:
An order from your health care provider is not required prior to the mammogram appointment. However, you must provide the name of a health care provider who can receive the results of the mammogram.