It's quick and convenient to make your appointment online at any of our locations, where we are committed to keep you safe during your visit!
In a convenient and comfortable mobile mammography bus, we screen for early stage breast cancer by providing digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) to women at various locations in Southeast and South Central Michigan.
Bringing women state-of-the-art mammography
We know that taking time off work and driving to a hospital or imaging center for a routine breast exam can be inconvenient for many women. We also know that most women want to take good care of themselves and have a mammogram according to the recommendations of their doctor.
For these reasons, Henry Ford Health System acquired a Mobile Mammography vehicle. The vehicle is staffed by the same highly skilled and caring health professionals who work in our hospitals.
They are ready to provide digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) — the latest in 3D mammography — in a convenient location near you. In addition, we provide traditional 2D mammography.
Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT)
DBT takes low-dose, x-ray images of the breast from several angles. These images are combined to create a three-dimensional image of the breast. The process is non-invasive, and the technology looks and feels similar to traditional mammography. However, the advanced technology helps radiologists visualize the details in dense breast tissue and detect breast cancer earlier.
With DBT, radiologists have more precise and clearer images of breast tissue. DBT reduces the number of false-positive results and minimizes extra appointments for women. Although an area of the breast may look cancerous, it can turn out to be normal — but only after more tests, time, and often tension for busy women.
We recommend that women age 40 and older have a mammogram every year for as long as they are in good health. Also, women who have had a history of breast cancer and are having their first mammograms are candidates for DBT. Following these recommendations increase the chances of early detection, which is important for successful cancer treatment.
Designed for women’s comfort, convenience and privacy, the luxury vehicle has an attractive waiting room, changing room and exam room.
Our Mobile Mammography vehicles travel to locations throughout South Central and Southeast Michigan.
In South Central Michigan, schedule an appointment at a convenient location near you. Please call Henry Ford Health System at (517) 205-4905.
- Albion: Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine, 27931 C. Drive North, Albion
- Brooklyn: Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine, 153 Wamplers Lake Road, Brooklyn
- Grass Lake: Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine, 12369 E. Michigan Avenue, Grass Lake
- Leslie: Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine, 130 N. Sherman Street, Leslie
- Mason: Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine, 810 N. Hogsback Road, Mason
- Onsted: Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine, 8958 West M-50, Onsted
- Vandercook: Henry Ford Allegiance Family Medicine Townsend, 400 Hinckley Blvd., Vandercook
In Southeast Michigan, schedule an appointment at a convenient location near you. Please call (248) 325-3404.
The Mobile Mammography vehicle travels to the Southeast Michigan locations listed below.
- Bruce Township: Henry Ford Macomb Health Center - Bruce Township, 80650 Van Dyke Road, Bruce Township, 48065
- Grosse Pointe Farms: Henry Ford Medical Center - Cottage, 159 Kercheval, Grosse Pointe Farms, 48236
- Richmond: Henry Ford Macomb Health Center - Richmond, 67267 S. Main St., Richmond, 48062
- Sterling Heights: Henry Ford Medical Center - Sterling Heights, 3500 15 Mile Rd., Sterling Heights 48310
- Washington Township: Henry Ford Macomb Health Center - Washington, 12150 30 Mile Rd., Washington 48095
In addition, we offer DBT mammography within our buildings at convenient Henry Ford sites.