Our cancer team is here for you in-person, by phone and virtually for all your cancer care needs.
Expert Prostate Cancer Care
Minimally invasive treatments options for prostate cancer.
If you’ve been diagnosed with prostate cancer, you want the most experienced team of experts by your side. At the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, we are pioneers in innovative and minimally invasive surgical techniques for treating prostate cancer and have performed more than 16,000 robotic prostatectomies. We’ve also revolutionized how prostate cancer is diagnosed, offering a one-stop clinic that delivers fast, accurate results in less than 48 hours.
We use the most advanced treatments whenever possible, including options to help improve return of sexual function and urinary continence after surgery, and to get you back to your normal activities sooner. As our patient, you can expect:
- A personalized treatment plan based on your needs and a thorough review of your diagnosis by our tumor board
- A team of prostate cancer specialists working together for you, including urologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and men’s health experts
- Minimally invasive treatment options that offer faster recovery times, and less discomfort and scarring
- A dedicated prostate cancer nurse navigator to support you along the way
Fast, accurate prostate cancer diagnosis
Your prostate cancer care starts with an accurate diagnosis. Using state-of-the art technology, we offer a one-stop diagnostic process for prostate cancer that includes a prostate MRI, targeted biopsy and a pathology diagnosis in less than 48 hours.
Your prostate cancer treatment plan
Every patient’s prostate cancer is unique. That means your treatment must be unique to you as well. Your prostate cancer care team will create a personalized treatment plan based on your cancer diagnosis, your health needs, and your concerns.
Your treatment options may include:
- Minimally invasive surgery, including robot-assisted prostatectomy and precision prostatectomy
- Radiation therapy, including MRI-guided radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
You may also be able to participate in clinical trials as part of your treatment plan. Clinical trials are research studies for new drugs, technology, and clinical approaches to treat prostate cancer that are not widely available elsewhere.
Support during prostate cancer treatment and beyond
Our team will be there for you throughout your treatment for medical and personal needs that may arise along the way. In addition to support from your nurse navigator, we offer a range of support services to help you during treatment, including fertility preservation, as well as a survivorship clinic to manage your post-treatment care.
Robotic surgery for prostate cancer means a much lower chance of complications than traditional surgery.
Our prostate cancer team specializes in the most advanced treatments for prostate cancer.