Join us the first week of each month to address the unique experiences stem cell transplant caregivers face. The group will consist of an...
When severe intestinal problems interfere with your nourishment or even threaten your life, an intestine transplant can help.
The Henry Ford Transplant Institute is among an elite group of fewer than two dozen U.S. medical centers offering this highly specialized procedure. We performed Michigan’s first intestine transplant, in 2010.
Why choose Henry Ford for an intestine transplant?
When you come to Henry Ford for an intestine transplant, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive program: You have more transplant options at Henry Ford. We are the only program in Michigan offering intestine transplants, as well as the multiple organ transplants frequently needed for serious intestinal problems. We perform all intestine transplant types and provide care from before surgery through rehabilitation.
- Treatment for high-risk patients: Other centers may cite advanced age or weight as a reason to decline your transplant request. At Henry Ford, our doctors approach the criteria differently, while still making safety a top priority. Our transplant criteria include:
- Intestine-only transplants up to age 70, and multiple organs up to age 60
- No maximum weight restriction
- Team approach: Your intestine transplant team tailors a treatment plan for your specific health needs. Members work jointly with experts from our Liver Disease Center and Division of Gastroenterology.
- Personal care: As a Henry Ford patient, you work with a nurse who serves as your transplant coordinator. The nurse arranges all aspects of your care and is available for all your needs and questions. In addition to providing ongoing support to you and your family, our navigators are available 24 hours a day for medical emergencies. Check out our transplant patient stories to learn more about the great care at Henry Ford.
- Convenience: Henry Ford has intestine transplant clinics throughout Michigan. These regional clinics make it easier for you to get exams and blood tests before and after transplant surgery.
Join us the second week of each month virtually to address the unique experiences stem cell therapy and transplant candidates face. The group...
Ready, Set, BABY This 2 hour online interactive breastfeeding class provides women and their partners with information and skills about maternity...
Ready, Set, BABY This 2 hour in-person interactive breastfeeding class provides women and their partners with information and skills about...
Story time inspires costumes created for the hospital’s tiniest patients
Board-led search for successor underway; President, Health Care Operations + COO Bob Riney to lead during transition.
Henry Ford Hospital Earns Prestigious Recognition from National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer
One of only 69 hospitals across the country to earn this quality accreditation. DETROIT (Oct. 20, 2022) – Henry Ford Hospital has earned a...
All Henry Ford Health hospitals earned a rating of 100 on the latest Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index DETROIT (April 20, 2022)...
Ancient grains, fresh produce, candied pecans and a homemade ginger dressing. This kale entrée salad is anything but boring. Enjoy a hearty portion for only 347 calories!
Questions remain about the safety and effectiveness of products that contain cannabis. Get the facts.
Wondering how to choose the right skin care products? Follow our expert-approved, step-by-step skin care routines for both am and pm.
There are ways to manage and prevent some of the effects epilepsy has on your day-to-day activities – without feeling as though you’re missing out.