Refer a Patient
Physicians from around the Midwest and across the country refer patients to us because of our depth of expertise performing all types of transplants. We make patient referral easy, and ensure you are included in every step of the process.
How to refer a patient to Henry Ford
A transplant outreach coordinator will reach out to you and your patient within 1 business day after receiving your referral.
Use one of these quick and convenient methods to refer a patient to the Henry Ford Transplant Institute:
- Easy Referral Form via app: Use an Easy Referral Form, available on our downloadable tablet and phone app.
- Phone: Call our 24-hour Referring Physician Office at (855) 85-TRANSPLANT.
- Online: Submit an online form.
- Email: Contact outreach coordinators Cookie Crossley, Katie Dandron, or Christina Somers.
Why refer your transplant patients to Henry Ford?
Our team works closely with you to ensure a successful outcome for your patient and a seamless continuity of care throughout the transplant process.
There are many reasons why physicians choose Henry Ford for their patients:
- Comprehensive transplant program: We offer more organ transplant options for adults than any other program in Michigan. Learn more about the transplant services we offer.
- All-inclusive care: We perform transplants on patients who have been turned away by other centers due to advanced disease, age, body size or previous medical treatments.
- Shorter wait times: Our FAST Track program allows patients to join national organ transplant wait lists faster. Qualifying transplant candidates may complete the entire pre-transplant evaluation in less than 2 weeks instead of the standard 2 months.
- Collaborative team approach: Our transplant teams keep you informed of your patient’s progress and ensure a seamless transition of care back to you following transplantation.
- Successful outcomes: Henry Ford’s transplant success rates are among the best in the country and consistently meet or exceed expected results.
- Cutting-edge technologies: We use advanced minimally invasive procedures whenever possible. Our approach means a faster recovery and less risk of infection for your patients.
Meet your transplant outreach coordinators
Our transplant coordinators are advanced care nurses who work one-on-one with you to manage your patient’s personalized treatment plan throughout the transplant process. They will keep you apprised of your patient’s progress and are on call to answer your questions.
Outreach is coordinated by: