Transplant Lecture Series
The Henry Ford Transplant Institute hosts a series of monthly educational lectures. Come hear our expert physicians, surgeons and visiting professors speak on groundbreaking transplant topics.
Next Lecture: Equity in Transplant: Who Counts, Counts
April 29, 2019, 12:00 Noon
Buerki Auditorium, Henry Ford Hospital
Presented by Dr. Raymond Lynch, MD, MS, Division of Transplantation Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine Assistant Professor of Surgery, Atlanta, Georgia
- May 13, 2019: ATC Staff Presentations Preview
- June 10, 2019: Lecture by Dr. Jennifer Cowger
- July 8, 2019: Lecture by Dr. Lloyd Ratner
- July 22, 2019: Transforming the Face of Reconstructive Surgery by Dr. Eduardo Rodriguez
- August 19, 2019
- September 30, 2019
- October 21, 2019
- November 18, 2019
- December 9, 2019
- January 2019: Uterus Transplantation
Presented by Giuliano Testa, MD, FACS, MB
November 2018: Mindful Strategies in Health Care: How Your Transplant Colleagues Have Integrated Mindful Practices into Daily Practice
Presented by the Henry Ford Transplant Institute Team Members
September 2018: Donor Derived Infection in Solid Organ Transplantation: Minimizing Risk and Improving Outcomes
Presented by Dr. George Alangaden
August 2018: Innovation In Structural Heart Management
Presented by Dr. William O'Neill
July 2018: Obesity and Liver Transplantation: A New Epidemic
Presented by Julie Heimbach, MD
June 2018: Simultaneous Liver Kidney Transplantation: Current Status in the Road Ahead
Presented by Mark Aeder, MD
May 2018: Pre-American Transplant Congress Workshop
Presented by Dr. Shunji Nagai.
- C4d Staining and Graft Survival in Renal Transplant: Single Center Experience of C4d Staining
- Decreased Long-Term Survival with Antithymocyte Globulin Induction in Elderly Kidney Transplant Recipients
- Impact of MELD-Na Based Liver Allocation on Liver Transplantation Outcomes
- Opioid Use Trends after Liver Transplantation and the Factors Associated with Post-Transplant Opioid Dependence
- The Impact of Portal Vein Thrombosis Grade and Post-Reperfusion Flow Rate in Liver Transplant Outcomes
March 2018: Ways to Build Resilience for Health Care Providers
Presented by Lisa MacLean, MD
December 2017: Expanding the Liver Donor Pool: Advances in Living Donor Transplantation
Presented by Dr. Paul Greig
September 2017: Overcoming Barriers to Maximizing Living Donor and Incompatible Kidney Transplantations
Presented by Adam Bingaman, MD, PhD
August 2017: Nursing Perspectives in Solid Organ Transplant
Presented by Jennifer Milton, RN
June 2017: Understanding Events in Organ Transplants: Lessons from the Molecular Microscope
Presented by Philip F. Halloran, MD, Ph
May 2017: Assertive Empathy
Presented by Melanie Dodd, RN
April 2017: Liver Transplant Immunology
Presented by Timucin Taner, MD PhD
- February 2017: Long Term Mechanical Circulatory Support
Presented by Themistokles Chamogeorgakis, MD, Surgical Director
- October 2016: Patient Safety: Trends and Patterns in Reports to UNOS
Presented by David K. Klassen, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, UNOS
- October 2016: The Evolving Field of Gut Rehabilitation
Presented by Kareem Abu-Elmagd, MD, PhD, FACS
- September 2016: Optimizing Your Living Donor Program
Presented by Dianne LaPointe Rudow, ANP-BC, DNP, CCTC
- July 2016: Updates on Acute Liver Failure
Presented by Dr. Robert J. Fontana
- May 2016: Graft-Versus-Host Disease After Solid Organ Transplantation
Presented by Shatha Farhan, MD
- April 2016: Future Perspectives in Transplantation
Presented by Alan Langnas, DO, FACS, FACOS
- February 2016: The New Ex-Vivo World: Extracorporeal Perfusion of Organs and Composite Tissues
Presented by Paulo Fontes, M.D., FACS
- October 2015: Cases from Dermatology Clinic
Presented by Dr. Kerr and Dr. Pritchet
- May 2015: Viral Load Monitoring of CMV/BKV in Transplantation: An Update
Presented by Mayur Ramesh, MD
- September 2014: Innovation Through Intrapreneurship: From Academic Integration to Incorporation
Presented by Michael Abecassis, MD, MSC, MBA, FACS, FRCS(C), AACS, FACPE
- July 2014: Graft-Versus-Host Disease/Graft-Versus-Leukemia: Recent Advances in Therapy
Presented by Edward Peres, M.D.
- June 2014: Assessment and Accountability: The Challenges for Transplant Professionals
Presented by David A. Axelrod, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.S.
- May 2014: A Tale of Two Viruses: Recurrent Disease After Transplant
Presented by Dilip Moonka, M.D.
- April 2014: Transplant Team Leadership
Presented by Marwan Abouljoud, M.D., FACS, CPE, MMM
- March 2014: Communicating Bad News in the Context of Transplantation
Presented by Anita Patel, M.D. and Anne Eshelman, Ph.D.
- February 2014: Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Optimal Treatment and Transplantation
Presented by Gabriel T. Schnickel, MD
- November 2013: The Recent Evolution of Mechanical Circulatory Support and Its Impact on Cardiac Transplantation
Presented by Dr. Joseph Rogers
- September 2013: Errors During Transplantation: How to Manage the Damage to your Program
Presented by Abhinav Humar, M.D.
- July 2013: Fulminant Hepatic Failure due to Acetaminophen Overdose: Psychological and Ethical Issues
Presented by Dr. Anne Eshelman
- June 2013: Portopulmonary Hypertension: A Curable Disease?
Presented by K. K. Venkat, M.D.
- May 2013: Ethical Problems in Living Donor Kidney Transplantation
Presented by Sana Quddus, M.D.
- March 2013: Continuous Quality Improvement: Lessons Learned from the Kidney Transplant Program
Presented by Dr. Dean Kim
- February 2013: To VAD or to Transplant? That is the Question
Presented by Celeste Williams, M.D. and Hassan Nemeh, M.D.
- November 2012: Clostridium Difficile Infection: Epidemiology, Treatment and Transplantation
Presented by George Alangaden, M.D. and Mayur Ramesh, M.D.
- September 2012: Donor-Derived Disease Transmissions: Epidemiology and Risk Mitigation
Presented by Michael Ison, M.D.
- August 2012: An Analytic View of Systemic Health Care Cost Drivers
Presented by Rob Webb
- July 2012: Improving Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients Program-Specific Reports
Presented by Dr. Ajay Israni
- June 2012: CMS Regulation of Organ Transplant Programs
Presented by Thomas E. Hamilton
- May 2012: Organ Quality and its Implications to Allograft Function in Living Kidney Donation
Presented by Dr. Emilio Poggio