Transplant Lecture Series
The Henry Ford Transplant Institute hosts a series of monthly educational lectures. Come hear our expert physicians, surgeons and visiting professors speak on groundbreaking transplant topics.
Next Lecture: Monday, April 10, 2017, 12 - 1pm
Liver Transplant Immunology
Presented by Timucin Taner, MD PhD, Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Transplantation Surgery, Mayo Clinic
May 1, 2017: Assertive Empathy - Presented by Melanie Dodd
June 5, 2017: Transplant Genomics - Presented by Dr. Philip Halloran
August 14, 2017: Nursing perspectives in solid organ transplant - Presented by Jennifer Milton, RN
September 18, 2017: Living donation & exchange programs w/ process, structures & outcomes - Presented by Dr. Adam Bingaman
October 16, 2017: UNOS Past President / Perspectives / COIIN Project / Outcomes - Presented by Dr. Kenneth Andreoni
November 06, 2017: Behavioral - Presented by M. Jesse & A. Eshelman
December 04, 2017: Donor innovation / organ rehab - Presented by Dr. Paul Greig
- February 2017: Long Term Mechanical Circulatory Support
Presented by Themistokles Chamogeorgakis, MD, Surgical Director
- October 2016: Patient Safety: Trends and Patterns in Reports to UNOS
Presented by David K. Klassen, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, UNOS
- October 2016: The Evolving Field of Gut Rehabilitation
Presented by Kareem Abu-Elmagd, MD, PhD, FACS
- September 2016: Optimizing Your Living Donor Program
Presented by Dianne LaPointe Rudow, ANP-BC, DNP, CCTC
- July 2016: Updates on Acute Liver Failure
Presented by Dr. Robert J. Fontana
- May 2016: Graft-Versus-Host Disease After Solid Organ Transplantation
Presented by Shatha Farhan, MD
- April 2016: Future Perspectives in Transplantation
Presented by Alan Langnas, DO, FACS, FACOS
- February 2016: The New Ex-Vivo World: Extracorporeal Perfusion of Organs and Composite Tissues
Presented by Paulo Fontes, M.D., FACS
- October 2015: Cases from Dermatology Clinic
Presented by Dr. Kerr and Dr. Pritchet
- May 2015: Viral Load Monitoring of CMV/BKV in Transplantation: An Update
Presented by Mayur Ramesh, MD
- September 2014: Innovation Through Intrapreneurship: From Academic Integration to Incorporation
Presented by Michael Abecassis, MD, MSC, MBA, FACS, FRCS(C), AACS, FACPE
- July 2014: Graft-Versus-Host Disease/Graft-Versus-Leukemia: Recent Advances in Therapy
Presented by Edward Peres, M.D.
- June 2014: Assessment and Accountability: The Challenges for Transplant Professionals
Presented by David A. Axelrod, M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.S.
- May 2014: A Tale of Two Viruses: Recurrent Disease After Transplant
Presented by Dilip Moonka, M.D.
- April 2014: Transplant Team Leadership
Presented by Marwan Abouljoud, M.D., FACS, CPE, MMM
- March 2014: Communicating Bad News in the Context of Transplantation
Presented by Anita Patel, M.D. and Anne Eshelman, Ph.D.
- February 2014: Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Optimal Treatment and Transplantation
Presented by Gabriel T. Schnickel, MD
- November 2013: The Recent Evolution of Mechanical Circulatory Support and Its Impact on Cardiac Transplantation
Presented by Dr. Joseph Rogers
- September 2013: Errors During Transplantation: How to Manage the Damage to your Program
Presented by Abhinav Humar, M.D.
- July 2013: Fulminant Hepatic Failure due to Acetaminophen Overdose: Psychological and Ethical Issues
Presented by Dr. Anne Eshelman
- June 2013: Portopulmonary Hypertension: A Curable Disease?
Presented by K. K. Venkat, M.D.
- May 2013: Ethical Problems in Living Donor Kidney Transplantation
Presented by Sana Quddus, M.D.
- March 2013: Continuous Quality Improvement: Lessons Learned from the Kidney Transplant Program
Presented by Dr. Dean Kim
- February 2013: To VAD or to Transplant? That is the Question
Presented by Celeste Williams, M.D. and Hassan Nemeh, M.D.
- November 2012: Clostridium Difficile Infection: Epidemiology, Treatment and Transplantation
Presented by George Alangaden, M.D. and Mayur Ramesh, M.D.
- September 2012: Donor-Derived Disease Transmissions: Epidemiology and Risk Mitigation
Presented by Michael Ison, M.D.
- August 2012: An Analytic View of Systemic Health Care Cost Drivers
Presented by Rob Webb
- July 2012: Improving Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients Program-Specific Reports
Presented by Dr. Ajay Israni
- June 2012: CMS Regulation of Organ Transplant Programs
Presented by Thomas E. Hamilton
- May 2012: Organ Quality and its Implications to Allograft Function in Living Kidney Donation
Presented by Dr. Emilio Poggio