International Patient Support Services
Henry Ford Health’s care coordinators provide a wide range of international patient support services to assist with all the details of your trip. This high level of support allows you to focus on your treatment and well-being.
Your care coordinator can answer questions about how to become an international patient and international patient costs. They can also make recommendations for travel plans. We want every patient to have a positive experience before, during and after treatment.
Comprehensive Care Coordination
Our international patient support services include assistance with:
- Providing interpreter services in 120 languages, including communication assistance for patients who are deaf or hearing-impaired
- Responding to questions before, during and after care
- Scheduling international patient appointments
- Advising on any necessary pre-testing in your home country
- Making hotel reservations and arranging guest housing
- Obtaining mandatory travel documentation and meeting United States travel requirements
- Greeting and escorting patients and family members on arrival as well as arranging transportation to appointments
Helping Patients Stay Safe, Connected and Supported
We understand that traveling abroad for medical care creates added stress. We try to make your stay with us positive and comfortable by offering:
- Wireless internet: All of our patient rooms are equipped with free wireless internet service.
- Communication assistance: Interpreter services are available for patients and family members who may have difficulty understanding or speaking English. As a multicultural healthcare center, Henry Ford Health has team members who speak more than 120 languages. We provide auxiliary hearing aids and services, including qualified sign language interpreters, teletypewriter (TTY, also called text telephone) and other assisted listening devices, at no cost.
- Support for traveling companions: We encourage our international patients to bring at least one friend or family member when they travel to the hospital. Having a trusted companion can make your visit more comfortable and assist with your care and recovery.