Discarding medicine safely can prevent medicine mis-use.
Leaving the Doctors Office or Hospital
Before you leave your doctor’s office or the hospital, you should know what medicines you should take when you get home. The doctor or nurse usually reviews this information with you before you leave.
Make sure you know:
- What medicine you will START taking
- What medicine you will CONTINUE taking
- What medicine you will STOP taking
- How to take each medicine properly
- What pharmacy your new prescriptions were sent to
- How many new prescriptions you should receive