- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine, 1985
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, General Surgery, MI, 1992
- University of Michigan, General Surgery, MI, 1988
- Baylor University Medical Center, Transplant Surgery, TX, 1994
- Univ. of Alabama in Birmingham, Transplant Surgery, AL, 1993
I have clinical and special medical interests in the following:
- Liver and kidney transplantation, including split liver transplantation
- Surgery for liver cancer
- Bleeding from cirrhosis of the liver and refractory ascites
My philosophy is to provide cutting edge liver care in a compassionate and kind environment. Patients will be educated about their disease to make informed decisions and be treated with respect in a supportive and relaxed atmosphere.
I earned my medical degree from the American University of Beirut. My post-graduate training included the University of Michigan Hospital in general surgery, Henry Ford Hospital in general surgery, University of Alabama in Birmingham in transplant surgery and Baylor University Medical Center in transplant surgery.
Awards and Honors
- Stephen Penrose Honor Award for scholastic achievements, June 1979.
- International College First Scholar Award, June 1979.
- Dean's Honor List, college and medical school.
- B.S. degree with Distinction.
- Haddad Memorial Scholarship Award, full tuition during medical school.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, elected June 1985.
- Charles Johnston Award: Awarded by the Detroit Surgical Association in May 1991 for best clinical paper presentation.
- Benson Ford Chair in Transplantation Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, July 1998
- Hour Detroit Top Doc: Organ Transplantation, 2002, 2003, Transplant and Hepatic Surgery 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Best Doctors in America: 2005-2006, 2007-2008
- Shadow of a Leader Recognition, Henry Ford Health System - Each Patient First, 2003
- Champion of Organ Donation, International Association for Organ Donation, 2004
- Arab American Professional of the Year, The Arab American Professionals Network of the American Arab Chamber of Commerce, 2007