Henry Ford Hospital (Henry Ford Health) Neurology Residency Program participates only in Electronic Residency Application Service Program (ERAS). There are six positions offered per year in our four year (categorical) program. Therefore there is no need to apply separately for a transitional or preliminary year in internal medicine.
Henry Ford Health Neurology sponsors J-1 visa.
Application season is from September 28 to November 1st. Invitations to interview are sent out after the Deans Letter/MSPE is received. Our residency interviews are on Fridays between November and January.
- International Medical Graduates must possess a valid ECFMG certificate by rank list submission
- International Medical Graduates: Take and pass TOEFL examination with a minimum score of 80 in order to obtain Michigan state license.
- U.S. medical students must have passed USMLE step 1 and sat for USMLE II by November of the year applying through ERAS.
- Henry Ford Health is nicotine free institution. Please look here for all policies.
- Prospective residents must pass a criminal background check and HFH requires a drug screen that must be passed.
- USMLE scores Steps I and II > 230
- COMLEX scores Steps I and II > 500
- Medical school graduation within the past 3 years