Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- University of Michigan, Medicine, MI, 2009
- Henry Ford Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery, MI, 2014
- Cleveland Clinic, Joint Replacement, OH, 2015
Dr. Charters graduated summa cum laude from the University of Michigan College of Engineering where he also obtained his master of engineering degree in biomedical engineering. He received his medical degree from the University of Michigan. He underwent residency training at Henry Ford where he was chief resident. Following this, he completed an additional year of subspecialty training dedicated to hip and knee replacement surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Charters is board certified in orthopaedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Charters performs surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital and Cottage Medical Center.
Dr. Charters is active in research to improve the recovery and outcomes after joint replacement surgery.
Dr. Charters is the recipient of several research awards including:
- Edward D. Henderson Award, Mid-America Orthopaedic Association (2014, 2020)
- "Blue Ribbon Article Award," Healio Orthopedics (September/October 2019)
- "Best Clinical Article Award," Orthopaedics Journal (2016, 2019)
- "Blue Ribbon Article Award," Healio Orthopedics (March/April 2017)
- Best Research Project, Detroit Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Awards and Honors
Dr. Charters has been recognized for providing high quality joint replacement care. He received awards including:
- "Top Doctors" award in Orthopaedic Surgery, Hour Detroit (2018 - Present)
- "Honor Roll," Healthgrades (2000 - Present)
Dr. Charters is the recipient of numerous research awards nationally, regionally, and locally which can be found in the 'Research Interests' section above.
Videos And Article