- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - Otolaryngology
- Medical College of Wisconsin, WI, 2012
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Otolaryngology, MI, 2017
- Boston University Medical Center, Facial Plastic Surgery, MA, 2018
The health and well-being of my patients is of utmost importance. Together we will achieve a common goal.
Laura Garcia-Rodriguez, M.D., “Dr. Garcia,” has clinical interests in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, with specific interest in head and neck reconstruction after skin cancer surgery, scar revision, acute facial trauma/fractures, and facial feminization surgery for transgender patients. Other interests include facelift, rhinoplasty, and blepharoplasty. Dr. Garcia also has non-surgical clinical interests that include laser treatments, wrinkle treatment with botulinum, and facial augmentation with fillers and microneedling.
Dr. Garcia has an active medical license to practice in Michigan and Massachusetts. She is board certified in Otolaryngology and has started the board certification process for Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. She completed a highly-renowned fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Boston with an expert in Facial Feminization Surgery through Boston University Medical Center and The Spiegel Center.
Dr. Garcia joined the Henry Ford Medical Group in July 2018. Her medical society affiliations include the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS,) The American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS,) the Michigan Otolaryngology (MOS,) The American Medical Association (AMA,) and the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS.)
In addition to numerous national speaking appearances, Dr. Garcia has published and contributed to multiple books and journal articles.
Dr. Garcia-Rodriguez has special interests that include clinical activity related to all areas of facial cosmetic and plastic surgery with a particular interest in facial attractiveness, surgical innovation, and transgender facial surgery.
Additionally, Dr. Garcia-Rodriguez is active in medical research and teaching otolaryngologist residents.
Awards and Honors:
- The Thomas W. Grossman Award for Excellence in Otolaryngology. Milwaukee, WI, May 2012
- Henry Ford Hospital Annual Medical Education Research Forum, 3rd place winner for resident case report, Detroit, MI, February, 2014.
- Travel Grant Recipient from Triological Society, Combined Sections Meeting, January 2015, 2016, 2017
- 1st Place in poster competition at Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, LA, January 2017