Individuals who identify as LGBTQ tend to face disparities in healthcare, and finding an affirming primary care doctor is one step in making sure that your needs are being met.
LGBTQ+ Health: Excellent Care For All
Henry Ford Health System is committed to providing safe, equitable care for all and supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer patients with their healthcare needs.
Find a Doctor
While any of our physicians can treat LGBTQ+ patients, certain doctors have expressed interest in LGBTQ+ health. Find a doctor with an LGBTQ+ designation.
- A community clinic in the Ruth Ellis Center that provides trauma-informed services for LGBTQ+ youth and young adults.
- Inclusive Primary Care and Specialty Services, including HIV treatment and HIV prevention.
- Transgender health services and surgical expertise.
- Accessible care at all Henry Ford hospitals.
- Hospital visitation policies that grant equal visitation to LGBTQ+ patients and their families.
- Availability of all gender restrooms in all of our care facilities.
- Provider and employee training on LGBTQ+ patient-centered care and unconscious bias.
- Equal benefits for married LGBTQ team members and their partner.
- An Employee Resource Group (ERG) called PRIDE, which strengthens our health system’s workforce talent through recruitment of LGBTQ employees.
LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leader
Our commitment to supporting the LGBTQ+ community has earned us recognition as an “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC).
The HRC designation was awarded based on the Healthcare Equality Index (HEI), the national LGBTQ+ benchmarking tool that evaluates healthcare facilities' policies and practices related to the equity and inclusion of LGBTQ+ patients, visitors and employees.