LGBTQ+ Health Resources
Henry Ford Health is committed to providing safe, equitable care for all and supporting people in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) community with their healthcare needs.
Our commitment has earned us recognition from the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) for many years as part of their Healthcare Equality Index, an annual publication that scores healthcare facilities on policies and practices dedicated to the equitable treatment and inclusion of their LGBTQ+ patients, visitors and employees. In 2019, all five Henry Ford acute care hospitals received a 100 percent ranking on the index. Henry Ford is the only Michigan health system recognized by HRC.
Find a doctor with an LGBTQ+ designation
While any of our physicians can treat LGBTQ+ patients, some doctors have been designated according to certain criteria. Doctors with the LGBTQ+ designation:
- Have completed additional training to understand the foundational elements of caring for LGBTQ+ patients
- Know how to document SOGI information in the electronic medical record
- Have cared for LGBTQ+ patients or were trained in a clinical setting with LGBTQ+ patients
Resources at Henry Ford
Henry Ford provides the following resources:
- Transgender health services. Our transgender health team offers comprehensive and affirming healthcare for transgender patients, including primary care, gender-affirming hormones and more.
- Self-reporting your sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI). Henry Ford’s mission has always been to provide all patients with the best quality of care possible. But because LGBTQ+ people are disproportionately burdened by various health disparities and often experience discrimination in healthcare, it is essential to collect SOGI data in order to provide the best quality of care to sexual and gender minority patients. Learning about your sexual orientation and gender identity will help us provide you with the appropriate and sensitive care you need and deserve. Learn how to update your SOGI information with MyChart.
- PRIDE Employee Resource Group (ERG). The purpose of PRIDE ERG is to serve as an advocacy group for LGBTQ+ Henry Ford Health employees and our local communities. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse culture for our patients, employees, business partners and the communities we serve to ensure we provide you with individualized care that is designed “All for You!”
Henry Ford Health is committed to providing care that is All For You! If you would like to share your LGBTQ patient care experience with us, or if you have any concerns about the care you received as an LGBTQ patient, please email our Care Experience Department.
|LGBTQ Health Awareness Week
|Last week of March
|International Transgender Day of Visibility
|Lesbian Visibility Day
|Harvey Milk Day
|LGBTQ Pride Month
|National Bisexual Visibility Day
|LGBTQ History Month
|National Coming Out Day
|Transgender Day of Remembrance
|World AIDS Day