Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Transplant Hepatology
- Wayne State University, MI, 2003
- Mayo Clinic, Internal Medicine, MN, 2006
- University of Michigan, Surgery Transplant, MI, 2010
- University of Texas, Gastroenterology, TX, 2009
Dr. Jafri's philosophy for patient care is that the patient and the physician are a team trying to work for the best possible outcome in every circumstance.
Dr. Syed-Mohammed Jafri is the associate program director of the gastroenterology and transplant hepatology fellowship. He is a board-certified physician in gastroenterology and transplant hepatology, with an interest in liver transplant, cirrhosis, intestinal rehab, intestine transplant and short bowel syndrome.
Dr. Jafri is currently working on research for alcoholic liver disease, hepatitis, transplant hepatology, liver transplant, cirrhosis, intestinal rehab, intestine transplant, and short bowel syndrome.
Videos and Articles