Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Neurological Surgery - Neurological Surgery
- King Edward Medical College, 1982
- Easton Hospital, Surgery, PA, 1988
- Newcastle General Hospital, Neuro Surgery, 1984
- Mayo Clinic, Internal Med/Surgery, MN, 1983
- Henry Ford Hospital, Neurooncology, MI, 1988
- Long Island College Hospital: CLOSED, Neurosurg. Clinic, NY, 1986
- SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University, Neurosurg. Research, NY, 1985
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Dr. Mahmood received his MD degree from King Edward Medical College in Lahore, Pakistan. He then proceeded to the United Kingdom where he received his Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scotland. Dr. Mahmood did his residency in neurosurgery at Henry Ford Hospital. He subsequently did a fellowship in skull base surgery at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio. He joined Henry Ford Hospital as senior staff in 1993. In addition to being a clinician, he is engaged in research on traumatic brain injury and has been the principal investigator in many research projects. He is currently the Director of Neuro-Trauma. Dr. Mahmood enjoys reading and spending time with his wife and three daughters.
Skull Base Tumors
As a physician, we should try to do our best rather than trying to be the best. We should help patients understand their medical condition and involve them in management at every step.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Mahmood has won many awards during his academic and professional life. He graduated at the top of his class and was declared the ‘Best All Around Medical Graduate’ of his session. Apart from his busy clinical practice, he is actively engaged in research on traumatic brain injury. He has been awarded three NIH grants for his research endeavors. He has published extensively on research as well as clinical topics.
Videos And Article