- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- University Of Sydney, 2009
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery, MI, 2015
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Adult Reconstructive Ortho Surgery, OH, 2016
I specialize in hip and knee replacement.
Dr. North started his academic career at McMaster University in Ontario, Canada, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude. He completed medical school at the University of Sydney and received the highest distinction for academic and clinical performance. Dr. North went on to complete his orthopaedic surgery residency at Henry Ford Hospital and in his last year served as chief resident. He completed his orthopaedic training with a year dedicated to complex hip and knee replacement at the Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. North has tailored his research to focus on improving patient outcomes. His most recent publications include topics related to
- Minimizing blood loss in total joint replacement
- Use of analgesia to minimize postoperative pain and complications during joint replacement
- Early identification of infection following total joint replacement.
Awards and Honors
Dr. North was selected as the research resident of the year in his final year of residency. He was also the winner of the Henry Ford research symposium.
Learn why arthritis can worsen in the summer and how steps like eating healthy foods and exercising can reduce pain and help you stay active.
An orthopedic surgeon and athletic trainer share how you can manage joint pain until you're ready for surgery.
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital