Palliative Care at Home
Palliative Care at Home delivers in-home specialty care for people facing complex illness. Patients can receive palliative care while under-going treatments. The goal of palliative care is to relieve the symptoms and stress of a serious illness and improve quality of life for both patients and families.
All of the services offer the advantage of being supported by the entire Henry Ford Health System team and its shared electronic medical record. It is covered by Medicare and most commercial insurances. Palliative Care at Home is managed by a certified nurse practitioner who may be available for in-home visits. A detailed home safety evaluation is performed at the beginning of care.
Specialized services include:
- Clinical pharmacists providing medication therapy management
- Skilled nurses for symptom management, medication education, and lifestyle teaching
- Physical therapists providing individualized exercise plan
- Occupational therapists for self-care training
- Home health aides providing compassionate personal care
- Certified wound care nurses providing expertise in wound care
- Social workers specially trained for advanced care planning and community resources
- Registered dietitians providing nutrition counseling
- Certified speech therapists to treat speech, language and swallowing conditions
Your doctor along with Henry Ford at Home’s certified nurse practitioner will work together with your Henry Ford Home Health Care team to provide you the care you deserve in the comfort of your home.