Skin resurfacing techniques can improve the skin's appearance by smoothing lines and creases, fading scars and tattoos, and erasing brown spots. The Henry Ford Center for Cosmetic Surgery provides a personalized cosmetic treatment plan for each patient and offers a wide range of advanced options to best fit your needs.
Visia facial analysis
The Visia® photographic facial analysis system is a tool that helps you to make an informed decision about your procedure, by showing the current status of your skin. During your Visia session:
- You sit in a specialized photographic booth.
- Several standardized photos are taken of your face using the same positioning each time, to ensure accuracy and reproducibility.
- Visia’s computer blends a standard photo with a polarized photo and a UV light photo to assess skin damage at and below the surface.
- At the end of your Visia session, you’ll receive a personalized report showing skin damage, including spots, wrinkles, pores, UV damage, brown spots and red spots.
- Your report also will include percentile scores so you can compare your level of skin damage to other people of the same age and skin type.
This analysis provides you the information that your aesthetic team needs to direct your treatment regimen. In addition to helping you choose your procedure, the Visia system can be used throughout treatment to measure effectiveness.
Visia is only offered at the Grosse Pointe location, where it is complimentary to all plastic surgery patients.
Procedures, fillers and therapies offered by Henry Ford Center for Cosmetic Surgery:
- Botox: Frown lines and wrinkles
- Fillers: Wrinkles, creases and restoration of youthful facial contours
- Restylane and Perlane
- Laser Therapy:
- Advanced Broad Band Laser Light Treatment (BBL) – Forever Young: Lines, wrinkles, age spots, sun damage.
- Sciton Halo - Customizable treatment for skin damage, appearance, tone, texture, fine lines and wrinkles, reduces pore size
- Vbeam: Rosacea (blood vessels), port wine stains, hemangiomas, spider veins, warts
- Fraxel 2: Wrinkles, sun damage, discoloration, acne and facial scars
- Nd:YAG: Hair removal, spider veins, skin tightening, skin rejuvenation
- Cutera Excel V:Rosacea (blood vessels), hair
- Lumenis Ultrapulse CO2: Wrinkles, sun damage, scars
- Diode 810nm: Hair Removal
- Chemical Peels: Recapture a youthful glow and remove blemishes, soften lines and improve the skin's texture
- Obagi Skincare Treatments: Highly effective skin care regimen that works to quicken the skin's cell turnover rate by eliminating dead skin cells faster and promoting the increase of new skin cell growth to improve the look and feel of the skin.
- Photodynamic Therapy: Acne and sun damage (precancerous lesions)
- Scar Revision
By using these techniques, skin resurfacing can help reverse the effects of sun and wind damage, aging, improve acne scars and even remove pre-cancerous skin growths.