Laser Surgery and Light Treatment for Skin
Over time your skin can lose its youthful glow due to sun exposure and your body’s natural aging process. The Henry Ford Center for Cosmetic Surgery offers several advanced skin treatments to rejuvenate your skin and reverse signs of aging. Continually investing in the latest technology, our specially trained physicians perform the latest advancements in laser surgery to correct and refresh the skin.
Laser surgery is used for medical and cosmetic reasons, it is a safe treatment for a wide range of skin and vein issues, from wrinkles and sun-damaged skin, psoriasis, blemishes, hair removal, scars and tattoos, to varicose veins and spider veins. Some skin conditions require specific lasers, whereas other diseases may require a combination of laser therapies for the best possible outcome.
Types of laser surgery and light treatments available:
Lasers produce highly focused wavelengths of light that specifically target skin tissue, hair, blood vessels or color (pigmentation) changes in the skin. The Henry Ford Center for Cosmetic Surgery offers a broad range of laser technology designed to target every skin and vein area.
- Vbeam: pulsed dye lasers treat vascular lesions or spider veins, as well as acne scars, stretch marks, rosacea, birthmarks, port wine stains, hemangiomas and warts.
- Fraxel: a cosmetic laser for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles such as crow’s feet and brow lines, sun-damaged skin, discoloration, age spots, acne and facial scars.
- Nd:YAG: a long-pulsed, deep-penetrating laser ideal for removing hair, scars, discoloration and spider veins.
- Er:YAG: infrared light resurfaces skin and targets acne scars, wrinkles, spider veins and other conditions.
- Fractional CO2: a carbon dioxide laser that resurfaces and regenerates the skin with minimal downtime and faster healing.
- Near Infrared (NIR): deep heat is used to shrink collagen and tighten skin without injuring the epidermis.
- Sciton Halo: a Erb:YAG/Diode hybrid laser that uses computer guided fractional treatment for wrinkles, skin discoloration, sun damage, texture and pore size with minimal downtime and faster healing.
- Sciton Broadband Light BBL: advanced intense pulsed light treatments used for acne scars, rosacea, spider veins, hair removal, brown spots caused by sun damage and Melasma .
- Forever Young BBL and Skintyte: a light treatment used to promote and maintain skin tightening to reverse aging, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles of the face, neck and breasts.
- Technology (AFT): this next generation of intense pulse light is effective in treating Melasma, rosacea, age spots and other skin discolorations, as well as spider veins and vascular lesions.
- Phototherapy: laser or light treatment, sometimes involving the application of chemicals, targeting actinic keratosis, acne, rosacea and other skin conditions.
- Cutera Excel V: Works with Rosacea (blood vessels) and hair removal.
- Lumenis Ultrapulse CO2: Works best on wrinkles, sun damage and scars.
- Diode 810nm: Works best on Hair removal.