Types of laser surgery and light treatments available:
Lasers produce highly focused wavelengths of light that specifically target skin tissue, hair, blood vessels or color (pigmentation) changes in the skin. The Henry Ford Center for Cosmetic Surgery offers a broad range of laser technology designed to target every skin and vein area.
- Vbeam: pulsed dye lasers treat vascular lesions or spider veins, as well as acne scars, stretch marks, rosacea, birthmarks, port wine stains, hemangiomas and warts.
- Fraxel: a cosmetic laser for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles such as crow’s feet and brow lines, sun-damaged skin, discoloration, age spots, acne and facial scars.
- Nd:YAG: a long-pulsed, deep-penetrating laser ideal for removing hair, scars, discoloration and spider veins.
- Er:YAG: infrared light resurfaces skin and targets acne scars, wrinkles, spider veins and other conditions.
- Fractional CO2: a carbon dioxide laser that resurfaces and regenerates the skin with minimal downtime and faster healing.
- Near Infrared (NIR): deep heat is used to shrink collagen and tighten skin without injuring the epidermis.
- Sciton Halo: a Erb:YAG/Diode hybrid laser that uses computer guided fractional treatment for wrinkles, skin discoloration, sun damage, texture and pore size with minimal downtime and faster healing.
- Sciton Broadband Light BBL: advanced intense pulsed light treatments used for acne scars, rosacea, spider veins, hair removal, brown spots caused by sun damage and Melasma .
- Forever Young BBL and Skintyte: a light treatment used to promote and maintain skin tightening to reverse aging, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles of the face, neck and breasts.
- Technology (AFT): this next generation of intense pulse light is effective in treating Melasma, rosacea, age spots and other skin discolorations, as well as spider veins and vascular lesions.
- Phototherapy: laser or light treatment, sometimes involving the application of chemicals, targeting actinic keratosis, acne, rosacea and other skin conditions.
- Cutera Excel V: Works with Rosacea (blood vessels) and hair removal.
- Lumenis Ultrapulse CO2: Works best on wrinkles, sun damage and scars.
- Diode 810nm: Works best on Hair removal.