Sleep Disorders Conditions & Treatments
What sleep conditions does Henry Ford treat?
Henry Ford Sleep Medicine treats a wide range of common sleep conditions such as:
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Shift Workers Sleep Issues
- Sleep Apnea
- Teen Sleep Issues
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Hypoventilation related to neurological conditions such as ALS or chest wall deformities
- Narcolepsy and other causes of excessive sleepiness
- Sleep deprivation and jet lag associated with travel with a focus on addressing and maximizing athletic performance in athletes
How are sleep issues treated?
At Henry Ford Sleep Disorders and Research Center, we offer patients a variety of treatment options, including:
- State-of-the-art Positive Airway Pressure therapy with CPAP, auto CPAP, BiPAP, and more advanced treatment modalities with ASV and AVAPS. Our team works closely with patients and supply companies in getting patients comfortable using their equipment.
- Evaluations for surgical treatment options of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Inspire therapy Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation, a new clinically proven treatment option, approved by the FDA, for people with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia, often called CBT-I, an approved method for treating insomnia without the use of sleeping pills.
- Light therapy and melatonin treatment for patients with shift work and other circadian disorders, conditions in which the sleep times are out of alignment.