Sleep Disorders Center and Research Center
The Henry Ford Sleep Disorders and Research Center treats patients who suffer from insomnia, sleep apnea, excessive sleepiness, restless leg syndrome, parasomnias, shift work disorder and other issues related to sleep loss. Chronic and/or consistent sleep loss, which affects 50 to 70 million Americans, can increase health risks associated with diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, depression, heart disease and stroke. We see patients as young as 5 years old.
Our Mission and Values
- Our Mission: To improve people’s lives through excellence in the practice and science of sleep health.
- Our Vision: We provide the best care for individuals with sleep related disorders using innovative and comprehensive strategies through a caring team, science and education.
Sleep Medicine Expertise and Convenience
- Founded in 1978 and with over 30 years of experience, the Henry Ford Sleep Disorders and Research Center is one of the longest-running and most comprehensive sleep centers in the United States and we consistently rank as one of the nation's top research facilities for the scientific study of sleep.
- Patient evaluation is offered at several locations across Southeast Michigan, including sleep laboratories and clinics offering advanced diagnostic methods and multi-specialty treatment options.
- We offer a team of experts, including board-certified sleep doctors with a wide range of specialties to best serve your unique needs. Our sleep doctors are dedicated to first-rate patient care and research, which allows us to offer a variety of treatment options not available at many sleep disorders centers.
- We offer state of the art treatments of obstructive sleep apnea, such as Inspire therapy, a unique therapy also known as hypoglossal nerve stimulator.
- We also offer Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia, a comprehensive method to treat insomnia without use of sleeping medication.
- Dr. Singh performs athletic sleep assessments with personalized prescriptions for better sleep. She can also help sports teams and athletes with their travel management with a focus on addressing sleep deprivation and jet lag and maximizing athletic performance.
Sleep Medicine Research
Our Sleep Disorders Center was founded as the first of its kind in the U.S. We conduct research on all major sleep disorders with a focus on:
- Causes and mechanisms of insomnia
- Pharmacology of sleep
- Epidemiology of sleep and sleep disorders
- Detrimental effects of various drugs and alcohol on sleep
- Impact of shift work on sleep and awake functioning
- Perioperative management of obstructive sleep apnea
We offer a team of experts, including board-certified sleep doctors with a wide range of specialties to best serve your unique needs. Our sleep doctors are dedicated to first-rate patient care and research, which allows us to offer a variety of treatment options not available at many sleep disorders centers.