Diagnostic Testing at the Clinical Vascular Laboratories
The Clinical Vascular Laboratories at Henry Ford are certified by the national Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL), with up-to-date standards, protocols and quality assurance.
ICAVL certification is vital to assuring that patients receive accurate determination of existing vascular disease. This is important because the level of disease determines whether medical, surgical, or endovascular therapies are best for each patient.
More than 12,000 patients each year undergo testing at the Henry Ford Clinical Vascular Laboratories. The Vascular Laboratories feature state-of-the-art technologies and provide the following screening and diagnostic tests:
- Abdominal ultrasound studies for abdominal aortic aneurysm screening. At-risk individuals who have a family history of abdominal aortic aneurysm and/or men aged 65-75 years old who have smoked are eligible for this screening test.
- Cerebrovascular evaluations
- Carotid duplex scan
- Peripheral arterial and venous studies
- Ankle/Brachial index
- Segmental Doppler pressures and velocity waveforms
- Arterial stress testing
- Arterial duplex color-flow scanning
- Venous duplex scan
- Visceral vascular evaluations
- Duplex scan of abdominal vessels
- Abdominal aorta/iliac arteries
- Inferior vena cava/iliac veins
- Renal arteries