Henry Ford Hospital Visiting Hours and Policy
Effective September 8, 2022
At Henry Ford Hospital, we are committed to keeping our patients and their loved ones connected while delivering safe, high-quality care. We are happy to allow limited visitation from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily for our patients.
To ensure everyone’s safety, 2 visitors will be allowed in designated areas/units as described below and the following guidelines must be met:
- Visitors must enter through the Main Entrance. Team members visiting patients are considered visitors.
- All visitors must be at least 12 years old and be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 before entry.
- Anyone who has symptoms of respiratory infection or who does not meet the evaluation criteria will NOT be allowed entry.
- Visitors must wear a mask or other cloth face covering throughout their visit, even if fully vaccinated. Failure to do so will result in removal from our hospital. Visitors may wear their own masks, or one will be provided.
- Visitors must go directly to the patient’s room and remain in the room for the duration of their stay except to use the restroom/purchase food and must return to the patient room immediately.
- Hand washing and sanitizing is very important for everyone’s safety and should be done frequently.
Note: For the safety of all, if social distancing cannot be maintained, visitors may be asked to wait in a visitor lounge, other waiting area or return when they can safely be accommodated.
|Inpatient – COVID-19 Negative||2 visitors.|
|Inpatient – COVID-19 Positive or Suspected||1 visitor for a maximum of 2 hours per day. 2 visitors per stay. Only visitors who have passed COVID-19 screening and comply with PPE requirements will be allowed.|
|Emergency Department||1 visitor. If a COVID test is indicated for the patient, a visitor is only allowed if a negative result is received.|
|Surgery and Procedural Areas||Inpatient surgeries: 2 visitors. Only 1 visitor may accompany the patient in the pre-op and PACU areas.
Outpatient surgeries: 2 visitors. Only 1 visitor may accompany the patient in the pre-op and PACU areas. The visitor must stay in the designated waiting area and leave with the patient as soon as they are ready to be discharged.
|OB, NICU||NICU: 2 parents or guardians only. 2 grandparents (approved by parents) allowed between 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
L&D: 2 support persons and 1 credentialed doula.
|Hospice or End of Life||Up to 4 visitors per day. If COVID positive, visitors must wear PPE, including procedural mask, full face shield, gown and gloves while in the patient’s room.|
Please let us know if you need assistance with connecting virtually with your loved one.
We appreciate your understanding.