Henry Ford Hospital Visiting Hours and Policy
Effective September 8, 2021
At Henry Ford Hospital, we are committed to keeping our patients and their loved ones connected while delivering safe, high quality care. We are happy to allow visitation from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., daily for non-COVID patients under these guidelines:
- Visitors must enter through the Main Entrance. Employees visiting patients are considered visitors.
- All visitors must be at least 12 years old and be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 before entry. All visitors will undergo a health screening with questions about any symptoms and a temperature check each time upon entering the facility.
- For safety, any persons who have symptoms of respiratory infection or who does not meet the evaluation criteria will NOT be allowed entry.
- Visitors must go directly to the patient’s room and remain in the room for the duration of their stay except to use the restroom or to purchase/eat food.
- Visitors must wear a mask or other cloth face covering for the duration of their visit, even if fully vaccinated; failure to do so will result in removal from our hospital. Visitors may wear their own masks, or one will be provided.
- Hand washing/sanitizing is very important for everyone’s safety and should be done frequently.
- Visitation allowances are outlined below.
|Inpatient||2 visitors in any patient room at a time.|
|Emergency Department||No visitation|
|Surgery and Procedural Areas||Inpatient surgeries: 2 visitors may be present during the patient’s surgical visit. Nursing will notify the patient/visitors where they’ll meet the patient, either in their room or in the preoperative area.
Outpatient surgeries: 2 visitors may accompany the patient. The visitors must stay in the designated waiting area and leave with the patient as soon as they are ready to be discharged.
|Clinic||1 visitor per patient.|
|Hospice or End of Life||Up to 4 visitors per day. If COVID positive, visitors must wear all PPE, including procedural mask, full face shield, gown and gloves while in the patient’s room.|
|All Setting Allowances||Power of attorney/surrogate decision-makers or court-appointed guardianship (only when exercising these powers), interpreters, approved vendors and chaplain/clergy.|
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as work to provide a safe environment for our patients, visitors and team members.