- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Interventional Cardiology
- University of Toledo, OH, 2006
Residencies & Internships
- University of Rochester, Internal Medicine, NY, 2009
- University of Rochester, Interventional Cardiology, NY, 2014
- University of Rochester, Cardiovascular Disease, NY, 2013
My name is Matthew Jonovich, I am an interventional cardiologist and a peripheral arterial disease specialist. My area of specialty is heart artery disease and peripheral arterial disease, which is essentially blockages in the arteries and I can treat those by a variety of minimally invasive techniques.
I first became very interested in and passionate about cardiovascular disease while in medical school. It's a disease that personally affects my family, my father had a heart event. It was treated by an interventional cardiologist, it was very clear to me that was going to be the path of my life.
I grew up in a smaller community and envisioned myself practicing in one like that. I really enjoy practicing in Jackson because I get to know my patients very well and see a great need for my type of medicine in this area.
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health