- American Board of Neurological Surgery - Neurological Surgery
- King Edward Medical College, 1968
- F.Sc Government Intermediate, 1963
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Neuro Surgery, MI, 1975
- Henry Ford Hospital, General Surgery, MI, 1971
- St. John Queens Hospital, Straight Neuro surg., MN, 1970
- St. John's Queens Hospital, Rotating, NY, 1970
- Mayo Clinic, Straight Neuro surg., MN, 1969
- Mayo Hospital, Rotating, 1969
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Dr. Ghaus Malik graduated from King Edward Medical College in Lahore, Pakistan in 1968, moving Henry Ford Health System for neurosurgical training. In 1975, he joined the faculty in the Department of Neurosurgery. Since joining the faculty, Dr. Malik has participated in many administrative and organizational roles, managing clinical services and serving on the HFMG Board of Governors and Health System Board of Trustees. He is a proud member of the Hermelin Brain Tumor Center.
Dr. Malik's major passion remains the education of future neurosurgeons. At Henry Ford, he had a major role in the training of about 80 neurosurgeons. He has also worked with WFNS, travelling to many countries to participate in educational endeavors.
- Executive Vice-Chair, Department of Neurosurgery
"I consider each patient as a unique individual deserving respectful and compassionate care. This helps me properly diagnose and educate my patients on the safest treatment for them, whether that be surgical or non-surgical. If that treatment happens to be surgical, I strive to provide the most comprehensive and safest possible surgical and postoperative care possible, and to be available to their needs."
Awards & Honors
- Best Doctors in America (1990 - Present)
- Lifetime Achievement Awards, APPNA and HF Medical Association (2018)
- 50-Year Service Awards, WCMS and MSMS (2018)
- Senior Staff Teaching Awards (2014 - 2016)
- Walter E. Dandy medal (2015)
- Member, The Society of Neurological Surgeons
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital