- American Board of Radiology - Radiation Oncology
- Washington University, MO, 1990
Residencies & Internships
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Radiology, MD, 1992
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Internal Medicine, MD, 1991
Titles: Benjamin Movsas, M.D., is the chair of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Henry Ford Cancer Institute.
Dr. Movsas is a leading national expert in radiation oncology, stereotactic radiation, lung cancer, prostate cancer, and quality of life issues pertaining to cancer. Under his leadership, his department has the first FDA-approved combined MRI and linear accelerator unit (ViewRay MRLinac) in the world which allows for real time MRI tracking of tumors. Moreover, his department had the first Varian Edge dedicated stereotactic radiation unit in North America and has trained >200 radiation doctors and physicists from all over the globe.
Dr. Movsas has published extensively (with over 250 articles) on the topic of radiation therapy for cancer in many prestigious medical journals and regularly presents his research findings at some of the nation’s top medical meetings. He is very passionate about improving the quality of life for his patients and he serves as the co-Chair of the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Patient Centered Outcomes Committee (PCOR) of the NRG cooperative group.
Ranked as one of American’s top cancer doctors, Dr. Movsas has been featured in Consumer’s Guide to Top Doctors, HOUR Detroit’s Top Docs, and the Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors for Cancer.
Awards & Honors:
- 2012: Fellow of the American Society for Radiation Oncology
- 2015-2017: Chair of the ASTRO Annual Meeting Scientific Program Committee, the largest international meeting in the field of radiation oncology.
- Currently: President of the Society of Chairs of Academic Radiation Oncology Programs (SCAROP)
- Fellow of the American College of Radiology (ACR).