- University of Birmingham, 2005
Residencies & Internships
- London deanery - West London, Urology, 2017
- Kent/Surrey/Sussex Deanery, Basic Surgery, 2010
- Henry Ford Hospital, Urologic Oncology, MI, 2020
- Guys and St Thomas foundation NHS Trust, Urology, 2012
My patients can expect a few things from me: friendliness, compassion, a personalized approach to managing their condition and we will work together to accomplish the desired goal.
Dr. Amit Patel earned his bachelors and medical degree from the University of Birmingham, UK. He completed his basic surgical training in the South East England with specialist urological training at the internationally renowned institutions of Imperial College and the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
He completed his 2-year urological oncology/robotic surgery fellowship at the Vattikuti Urology Institute at Henry Ford Hospital in 2020 and subsequently joined the staff as director of robotic urological surgery at Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital. During his time at Henry Ford Hospital, he has championed innovation and quality improvement initiatives to improve the care of our urological cancer patients.
Dr. Patel specializes in all malignancies of the urinary tract and performs both open and minimally-invasive robotic surgeries of the kidney, bladder, adrenal gland and prostate, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular cancer. He has a special interest in kidney cancer, including partial nephrectomy for early stage disease and high-risk surgeries for patients with advanced cancers, while also offering treatment for general adult urology including kidney stones and prostate enlargement.
His research focus is on healthcare quality and improvements for kidney and prostate cancer. He has co-authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters related to a variety of urological cancers, with numerous national and international presentations.
Awards and Honors
- Davidson Innovation Fellow, Henry Ford Innovations (2019-2020)
- Nomination for best fellow, Henry Ford Hospital (2020)
- North-West Thames regional training day best presentation: Confronting the challenge of “virtual” prostate biopsy. (2015)
- Best poster in session EAU congress: Long term outcomes following resection and grafting of the IVC for advanced renal cancer. (2012)
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital