- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association - Speech-Language Pathologist
- Wayne State University, MI, 1993
- Wayne State University, MI, 1983
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Speech/Lang. Path, OH, 1985
Alice Silbergleit is a certified speech-language pathologist with more than 30 years of experience diagnosing and treating patients with a variety of speech, language, voice and swallowing disorders. She is passionate about helping patients and their families. Her clinical areas of interest include swallowing disorders, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, voice therapy, transgender voice therapy, speech and language recovery following brain surgery or trauma. She received her doctoral degree from Wayne State University in Detroit, MI and did advanced training as a post-graduate clinical fellow at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Alice Silbergleit, Ph.D. is approved as a licensed telemedicine provider in both the states of Michigan and Florida.
- Director, Speech-Language Sciences and Disorders, Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System
- Associate Professor (Clinician Educator), Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine.
"I believe that every patient is entitled to communicate to their fullest means possible. My goal is to provide a caring environment using state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to rehabilitate communication and swallowing function."
Dr. Silbergleit is interested in patient-reported swallowing and voice outcomes, including:
- Swallowing skills before and after deep brain stimulation in Parkinson’s disease
- Swallowing outcomes before and after BOTOX injection in cervical dystonia
- Acoustic analysis of voice in Parkinson disease compared to motor performance
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Clinician of the Year, Michigan Speech-Language-Hearing Association (2019)
Henry Ford Medical Center - Second Avenue
Henry Ford Medical Center-West Bloomfield
- Henry Ford Hospital