Discover hundreds of clinical trials for virtually all types of cancer.
Treatment options for digestive cancer
We offer different treatment techniques for each type of digestive cancer. The goal is to treat the tumor while protecting the organs and tissues around it. The digestive cancers we treat most often include:
How we treat digestive cancer
Our cancer specialists will develop a personalized treatment plan based on your type of cancer, its stage, and your overall health. The doctor may recommend one or more of these options:
- Ablation: We use radiofrequency, extreme cold, or microwave technology to destroy tumors.
- Chemotherapy: We give you powerful medications that target cancer cells.
- Clinical trial therapies: These studies test cancer drugs and treatments that are not yet standard.
- Embolization: We block off blood flow to a tumor to prevent it from growing larger. This allows for safe removal of the tumor several weeks later. We offer transarterial embolization and forms of embolization therapy.
- Radiation: We use targeted radiation to shrink tumors.
- Surgery: Surgical removal of tumors is one of the most common cancer treatment methods. We can perform many surgeries with minimally invasive techniques that benefit patients with faster recovery, less pain, and smaller incisions.