Upload Your Images
Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) offers patients and healthcare providers a secure mode to send their medical imaging to our radiologists and other providers digitally via lifeIMAGE.
lifeIMAGE is a HIPAA-compliant technology platform. Simply upload your own medical images, or the medical images of your patient to lifeIMAGE and they will be securely delivered for review.
Sending images prior to an appointment allows our physicians to start establishing a treatment plan before a patient’s appointment. Healthcare providers may also share images for a second opinion or a second read request.
How to upload your images:
This site is best used with Google Chrome browser. If uploading images from a CD, it has to be DICOM image format.
- Click the “Upload Your Imaging Records” button.
- Click on Request a Connection.
- Fill out the Connection request form — every space with a red asterisk is required.
- Click Send Request.
- Watch for this message: “Thank You — Your request has been sent. Next steps will be sent to the email address provided.” Your request will be sent to the HFHS Radiology Information Systems team. You will then receive two confirmation emails from HFHS within 10-15 minutes.
- The first email will verify that your connection request has been sent to HFHS.
- The second email will confirm that your request to connect has been accepted. Click on the Get Started link at the bottom of the email.
- Please read and accept the Using Life Image statement.
- You will then browse for exams/images on your computer and select the ones you would like to upload to HFHS.
- Once your upload is completed, you are given the option to upload additional images or finish uploading.
- Once you click finish uploading, you will be logged out.
- Please keep in mind that your login credentials are temporary. Once logged out, you would have to start the process over to create another connection.
If you need support sending your images, please contact Radiology Information Systems at (313) 916-9729.