Patient Education & Information
Whether you are working through fertility challenges or just want the latest information for a healthy pregnancy, the documents linked below can provide helpful information to increase your understanding about certain tests, procedures and conditions.
Factors affecting fertility and pregnancy health
The following links contain important information on subjects that can impact fertility and healthy pregnancy such as age, weight and avoidance of Zika virus.
- Age and fertility booklet
- Weight and fertility fact sheet
- What do I need to know about Zika virus and trying to have a baby fact sheet
Diagnosing reasons for infertility
The following links contain information on the various diagnostic testing procedures that may be involved in determining your reasons for infertility. These include sonohysterogram (SHG) to evaluate the uterus, ovaries and uterine cavity, hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to evaluate the fallopian tubes and uterine cavity, and semen analysis to evaluate sperm quality.
- Saline infusion sonohysterogram (SHG) fact sheet
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) fact sheet
- Diagnostic testing for male infertility fact sheet
Medication for inducing ovulation
The following links contain information on medications for induction of ovulation, both oral and injectable. Ovulation induction medications are often combined with intrauterine insemination (IUI) for better success. See details on IUI in the link below.
- Oral medicines for inducing ovulation fact sheet
- Medications for inducing ovulation booklet
- Intrauterine insemination fact sheet
In vitro fertilization process
In vitro fertilization (IVF or ART) is the most successful infertility treatment. The links below provide information on the IVF process, side effects of fertility medications and risk of multiple births.
- Association of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) patient booklet
- Side effects of injectable fertility drugs (gonadotropins) fact sheet
- Having healthy babies fact sheet from the Centers for Disease Control
- Fertility drugs and the risk of multiple births fact sheet
- Preimplantation genetic testing fact sheet