Hormone Disorders in Women
Hormone problems are common in women. They can cause issues ranging from menstrual irregularities, to premature loss of ovarian function, early menopause and infertility. The Henry Ford Center for Reproductive Medicine has expertise in effectively treating female hormone disorders.
Comprehensive care for hormonal related conditions
Whether your hormone disorder is a natural result of aging, or a more complex condition, our team of reproductive endocrinologists can address a wide range of issues such as:
- Disorders of female puberty
- Fibroids: Uterine Fibroids – These common benign growths on the uterus can cause heavy periods and other reproductive problems
- Hirsutism: (Abnormal Hair Growth) - This condition is the growth of coarse, pigmented hair in women, often associated with hormone disorders such as polycystic ovarian disease.
- Menstrual disorders: From heavy bleeding to missed periods, a variety of menstrual cycle disorders can be diagnosed and treated successfully
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Premature ovarian failure (POF)