Is spine surgery right for me?
- Can we help this patient with surgery?
- Does this patient need surgery to stabilize the spine and prevent future damage?
- Is surgery the only likely way to relieve this patient’s pain?
We only recommend spine surgery if we can answer “Yes” to all three of these questions.
Spine surgical procedures we offer
Our spine specialists match patients’ symptoms and medical conditions with procedures that provide the best chance at healing and recovery. Some of the advanced spine surgeries we offer include:
- Computer-assisted surgery, which provides surgeons better views and more accuracy than traditional surgery.
- Minimally invasive techniques, which allow for less pain, faster recoveries, and shorter hospital stays.
- Robotic spine surgeries, which we use for spine pain therapy in cases of low back pain. Robotic spine surgical equipment gives our surgeons better precision and control with 3-D views during surgery.
- Spine radiosurgery, which we use to treat spinal cancer.
How can I prepare for spine surgery?
It’s important to know what to expect before, during, and after surgery. Our spine surgery specialists will help you get ready with education and support materials designed to make surgery and recovery as worry-free as possible.