This 2 hour breastfeeding class provides women and partners with the basic breastfeeding information. Classes are taught by an International Board...
Stem Cell Transplant
Transplants of blood-forming stem cells can help people with certain types of cancer or blood disorders. These transplants replace damaged or destroyed stem cells with healthy ones.
The Henry Ford Transplant Institute is home to Michigan’s largest stem cell transplant patient unit. Our team regularly performs the most complex stem cell transplants in the country, providing patients with new options and saving more lives.
Why choose Henry Ford for a bone marrow stem cell transplant?
When you come to Henry Ford for a stem cell transplant, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive program: When needed, our team still collects stem cells from the bone marrow — the soft tissue inside bones where blood cells form. Increasingly, though, we gather stem cells from other, less-burdensome sources. We were the first transplant center in Michigan to collect stem cells from the bloodstream. We also use stem cells from two donated umbilical cords, providing enough for one adult patient. Learn more about our stem cell transplant types.
- Nationally renowned research: You have access to more options at Henry Ford, thanks to our doctors’ ongoing commitment to clinical trials and research for stem cell transplants. Research efforts include haploidentical transplant, the transplanting of stem cells from family members who only partially match recipients.
- Integrated cancer care: The Henry Ford Cancer Institute at Henry Ford is one of the largest cancer treatment centers in Michigan. Our stem cell transplant team works closely with these cancer experts to develop a treatment plan tailored to your specific health needs.
- Advanced innovations: Our Transplant Immunology Lab features state-of-the-art equipment. Our doctors perform critical tests that improve your chances of a successful transplant.
- Full support: Our Transplant Recovery Unit features private, spacious rooms with specially filtered air to prevent infection. To help you through the transplant process, we connect you with a transplant coordinator and also host monthly cancer support groups.
- Excellent success: Henry Ford has a long history of success with stem cell transplants. Our 100-day and 1-year transplant survival rates often exceed expected results. Learn more about our stem cell transplant outcomes.