Join us the first week of each month to address the unique experiences stem cell transplant caregivers face. The group will consist of an...
Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy
Henry Ford Health was one of Michigan’s first programs to provide stem cell transplant and other types of cellular therapy. Since 1988, we’ve offered lifesaving care, helping people with cancers or blood disorders produce healthy blood cells and fight disease.
Our team performs complex stem cell transplants for patients from throughout Michigan and beyond. We continue to shape the future of care through ongoing research and innovation.
Why choose Henry Ford for stem cell transplant and cellular therapy?
When you come to Henry Ford for a stem cell transplant or cellular therapy, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive program: Our experienced transplant team offers all types of stem cell transplant and cellular therapy, including CAR T-cell therapy. We work with you to find a donor match and select the best transplant method to replace damaged or destroyed stem cells with healthy ones.
- Team approach: As part of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, our cellular therapy team partners with other experts, including medical oncologists and hematologists, to customize your treatment plan. Learn what to expect from stem cell transplant and cellular therapy.
- Advanced care: Our Transplant Immunology Lab features state-of-the-art equipment. Our doctors perform critical tests that improve your chances of a successful transplant.
- Focus on quality: We’ve been accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) since 2006, demonstrating our commitment to quality care. And our 100-day and one-year transplant survival rates often exceed expected results.
- Renowned research: Our doctors take part in clinical trials and research for stem cell transplants. We participate in cooperative groups, pharmaceutical trials and investigator-initiated studies to identify and test new therapies. Our research includes haploidentical transplant, using stem cells from family members who only partially match recipients.
- Full support: Our Transplant Recovery Unit features private, spacious rooms with specially filtered air to prevent infection. We connect you with a transplant coordinator who helps you navigate the process as smoothly as possible. We also host monthly cancer support groups.
CAR T-cell therapy at Henry Ford
Henry Ford is among only a few medical centers in Michigan offering chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy for eligible patients. CAR T-cell therapy is a groundbreaking immunotherapy treatment that uses modified cells from your immune system to fight cancer.
Our team has the specialized training and experience to conduct CAR T-cell therapy for:
- B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
Many patients only need CAR T-cell therapy once. The modified T cells may remain in the body for months, resulting in long-term cancer remission.
Henry Ford’s stem cell transplant program at a glance
- First stem cell transplant: 1988
- First in Michigan to perform peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: 1991
- First in Michigan to perform a double-cord blood transplant: 2014
- Transplants performed 2019-2020: 168
- Transplants performed since 1988: 1,555
Join us the second week of each month virtually to address the unique experiences stem cell therapy and transplant candidates face. The group...
Ready, Set, BABY This 2 hour online interactive breastfeeding class provides women and their partners with information and skills about maternity...
Ready, Set, BABY This 2 hour in-person interactive breastfeeding class provides women and their partners with information and skills about...
Story time inspires costumes created for the hospital’s tiniest patients
Board-led search for successor underway; President, Health Care Operations + COO Bob Riney to lead during transition.
Henry Ford Hospital Earns Prestigious Recognition from National Accreditation Program for Rectal Cancer
One of only 69 hospitals across the country to earn this quality accreditation. DETROIT (Oct. 20, 2022) – Henry Ford Hospital has earned a...
All Henry Ford Health hospitals earned a rating of 100 on the latest Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index DETROIT (April 20, 2022)...
Ancient grains, fresh produce, candied pecans and a homemade ginger dressing. This kale entrée salad is anything but boring. Enjoy a hearty portion for only 347 calories!
Questions remain about the safety and effectiveness of products that contain cannabis. Get the facts.
Wondering how to choose the right skin care products? Follow our expert-approved, step-by-step skin care routines for both am and pm.
There are ways to manage and prevent some of the effects epilepsy has on your day-to-day activities – without feeling as though you’re missing out.