An expert lays out the leading outpatient treatments for COVID-19, explains the differences among them and shares who should take them.
As we continue to work through the many changes COVID-19 has brought to our lives, Henry Ford’s care teams are prepared to provide up-to-date, effective care to our patients and loved ones affected by COVID-19.
Available Now: Bivalent third doses for children ages 6 months through 5 years
Updated bivalent third doses/boosters have been authorized by the FDA and recommended by the CDC for children ages 6 months through 5 years. The Pfizer bivalent third dose is authorized for children 6 months through 4 years old. The Moderna bivalent booster is authorized for ages 6 months through 5 years old.
Henry Ford Health offers only the Pfizer vaccine. We offer the updated Pfizer bivalent third dose for patients ages 6 months through 4 years old at our Pediatric and Primary Care sites. Make an appointment using MyChart or by calling your child’s doctor. Other options are available at www.michigan.gov/covidvaccine.
Important details about the third doses/boosters:
- Pfizer: If your child is 6 months through 4 years old and receives the Pfizer vaccine, they will be given the original monovalent Pfizer vaccine for their first two primary doses. They will receive the updated bivalent Pfizer vaccine for their third primary dose.
- If your child already started vaccinations with Pfizer, they will receive the updated bivalent vaccine for their third primary dose.
- If your child already completed their three-dose primary series with Pfizer vaccine, they are not yet eligible for a booster dose.
- Moderna: Children ages 6 months through 5 years old who receive Moderna for their primary doses can receive a bivalent Moderna booster 2 months or more after their last primary dose. (Henry Ford Health does not offer the Moderna vaccine.)
- Get the latest updates on COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
- Looking for a COVID-19 test? Learn about COVID-19 testing options.
- Sometimes, there may be a wait if you call us. Please be patient and we will answer your call as quickly as possible, or:
COVID-19 Vaccination at Henry Ford
Learn more about COVID-19 Vaccination and Boosters. We are currently offering COVID-19 vaccinations at our Primary Care centers for established Henry Ford patients ages 5 years and older. Appointments are available in MyChart. Not a Henry Ford patient? Visit michigan.gov/covidvaccine for vaccination options near you.
Henry Ford only offers COVID-19 testing for established Henry Ford patients who have been referred for testing by their doctor. Our Emergency Departments are not COVID-19 testing sites and do not offer COVID-19 testing for people who are not being seen in the Emergency Department for COVID-19 symptoms.
Many locations offer convenient, free testing. Find a COVID testing site near you and learn more about when to get tested.
Hospital Visiting Hours
Visiting hours are established at each hospital to support social distancing and safety for patients, visitors and employees. Review our visiting policies and hours here.
What to Do If You are Sick
Learn what to do if you are sick, including common symptoms of COVID-19, quarantine and isolation guidelines, and when to see a doctor.
Sources for Reliable COVID-19 Information
At Henry Ford, we strive to provide reliable, accurate information throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Other sources of information to consult during this time are:
These expert tips will help you "prep" for another pandemic holiday season so that you can safely celebrate with loved ones.
From the toilet to your toothbrush, there are several sources of bathroom contamination. Learn what has the most germs in the bathroom and how to reduce them.
Are you one of the lucky ones who hasn't contracted COVID-19 yet? Here are a few theories as to why.
Mother of young patient says she did a “happy dance” on the way to the doctor’s office.
Dr. Cunningham said the highly transmissible form of Omicron could lead to a rise in infections.
Henry Ford Health System said the booster shot is critical to keeping you safe.