Your hospice team develops a plan of care with you and your family/caregiver that meets your individual needs for pain management, symptom control, and supports your goals of care.
Our goal in managing symptoms, includes:
- Identifying common symptoms associated with end of life/palliative processes for you across the life span.
- Identify potential causes of symptoms nearing the end of life.
- Describe assessment of symptoms at the end of life.
- Describe interventions that can prevent or diminish symptoms at the end of life which can include medications and nonpharmacological methods.
Some common symptoms that we see present at end of life can include:
- Dyspnea (shortness of breath)
- Excessive secretions
Our overall goal in treating symptoms is to improve your physical well -being, functionality, quality of life, and to alleviate suffering and distress.