Bones are the hardest, sturdiest parts of our bodies. But trauma — such as from a fall, car accident, or sports injury — can break or dislocate even the strongest bones.
Henry Ford Bone Health and Fracture Prevention Clinic
Our Bone Health Clinic specializes in broken bones, orthopedic trauma and bone health. We will work with you to understand your bone loss and advise you on what you can do to strengthen and improve your bone density.
A key reason for bone loss is osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a serious medical condition that causes your bones to become weak. Weak bones can put you at higher risk for cracking or breaking a bone. Serious fractures can lead to hospitalization.
You are at risk of developing osteoporosis if you:
- Have a history of a bone fracture
- Have a history of certain medical conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Use certain prescribed medicines, for example, extended use of steroids such as prednisone
- Use tobacco products
- Drink alcohol
- Have a family history of osteoporosis
- Do not exercise
Consider making an appointment if you are:
- Over the age of 50 and have fractured a bone.
- A woman who is 65 years old or older and who has never fractured a bone.
- A man who is 70 years old or older and who has never fractured a bone.
- 50 years old or younger and have had multiple fractures.
- 50 years old or younger and have been diagnosed with osteoporosis.
How to make an appointment
Our clinics currently treat patients are three locations across the metro-Detroit area on an appointment basis.
Please note: you must have a doctor’s referral before scheduling an appointment. To schedule an appointment please call (313) 916-2181.
Hours and Locations
Henry Ford Hospital
2799 West Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
Tuesday 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
6777 W Maple Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Henry Ford Medical Center – Fairlane
19401 Hubbard Dr
Dearborn, MI 48126
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
For treatment of orthopedic injuries, you can get the care and the expertise of a Henry Ford orthopedic specialist at an Orthopedic Walk-In Clinic. There’s no need for an appointment or physician referral (unless required by insurance), and you will only be charged for an office visit.