Lung cancer screening has shown that we can detect cancer much earlier in people most at risk.
Lung and Pulmonary Care at Henry Ford
At the Henry Ford Health, we provide personalized care to help you manage symptoms of lung disease and breathe easier. As a leader in pulmonary (related to lungs and breathing) research, our lung program is well-known across Michigan and the U.S. We use the most advanced therapies to give you the care you need.
Our pulmonary and critical care medicine team treats conditions ranging in severity and symptoms. We have special expertise in COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension. Learn more about conditions we treat.
We offer a wide array of treatment options to help you get back to living your life, including a distinguished interventional pulmonology program that has helped develop new minimally invasive procedures. Everything from pulmonary rehabilitation to lung transplant is among our lung treatments.
Why choose Henry Ford for your lung care?
Henry Ford offers specialized care for pulmonary conditions. We have expertise in treating even difficult-to-manage diseases like pulmonary fibrosis, interstitial lung disease and sarcoidosis. People from Michigan and beyond choose us for our:
- Highly ranked COPD care: U.S. News & World Report has ranked Henry Ford among the nation’s high-performing hospitals that treat COPD. You can rely on our expertise for breathing difficulties from emphysema and other pulmonary disease. We offer relief through treatment, including lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS).
- Pulmonary hypertension center of excellence: The Pulmonary Hypertension Association has accredited Henry Ford as a Center of Comprehensive Care for pulmonary hypertension. Our doctors provide potentially lifesaving treatment to patients that other hospitals and healthcare systems may not be able to treat.
- Advanced diagnostics: We offer a comprehensive pulmonary function testing facility. Our lung specialists have the expertise to accurately find the cause of pulmonary trauma or disease. Learn more about screenings and diagnosis.
- Personalized care: Our team of experts works with patients and referring physicians to manage care and build a personalized treatment plan. With clinics located in several parts of Michigan, it’s easy to get the advice and care you need. And we’ll communicate with your referring doctor so you receive seamless care. Learn what to expect.
- Team approach to treatment planning: Our specialists come together to review each patient’s medical history, pulmonary function results, imaging scans and lab test results. We work with pharmacists to understand your current and past inhaler and medication regimens. Then we design an effective, personalized treatment plan for your unique health needs. Meet our pulmonary team.
- Innovation and leadership: We care for patients from Detroit, throughout Michigan as well as other states. We’re also a training center for new lung and critical care physicians — one of the nation’s largest such programs. Our teaching program keeps us on top of the latest information, research and care protocols. Healthcare professionals, find out more about our fellowship program.