Our Rehabilitation Team
At Henry Ford Health, we make sure you receive care from highly qualified rehabilitation therapists. Our team includes licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists. Therapists provide leading-edge treatments with compassion, ensuring patients and caregivers get the support they need.
Expert rehabilitation therapists: Why choose Henry Ford?
At our program, you’ll find:
- Skilled providers: Our therapists participate in ongoing clinical education, research initiatives and conferences. They stay at the forefront of rehabilitation medicine, so you receive the latest evidence-based treatments.
- Convenient access: We have therapists at more than 40 locations throughout southeast and south central Michigan. Our large team means we can offer timely (often same-day) appointments. Most therapists also offer virtual care for your privacy and convenience.
- Care coordination: An integrated electronic medical records system allows all of your Henry Ford providers to communicate seamlessly. Therapists work with your referring physician and your entire care team to formulate the best treatment plan.
- Specialty therapy: Therapists offer specialty rehabilitation in many key areas, including neurorehabilitation, pelvic floor therapy, lymphedema therapy and pediatric rehabilitation.
Physical therapists help restore your mobility, strength and endurance. These experts also provide pain management treatments, home exercise plans and strategies to prevent reinjury. You may see a physical therapist if you’re recovering from surgery, an injury or have a chronic medical condition like arthritis. Learn more about our physical therapy services.
Many of our licensed physical therapists have additional training and certifications from:
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS)
- Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA)
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT) BIG®
- Lymphology Association of North America (LANA)
- McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT)
- North American Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (NAIOMT)
Occupational therapists help you regain the skills you need to perform daily activities at home, school or work. These experts improve your overall function and independence. You may work with an occupational therapist if you’re dealing with the effects of stroke, recovering from surgery or have a neurologic condition. Learn more about our occupational therapy services.
Many of our licensed occupational therapists have additional training and certifications from:
- American Society of Hand Therapists (ASHT)
- Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC)
Speech-language pathologists help you improve speaking, language and communication skills. You may work with a speech therapist if you’ve had a stroke, brain injury or are managing a chronic condition such as Parkinson’s disease. Learn more about our speech-pathology services.
Many therapists on our speech-language pathology team have additional training and certifications from:
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT) LOUD®
Find a rehabilitation specialist
Henry Ford has rehabilitation specialists at multiple locations throughout southeast and south central Michigan. Contact a location near you to schedule an appointment.