Henry Ford Health System offers specialized pediatric rehabilitation services. Physical, occupational and speech therapists provide one-on-one, play-based treatments for children of all ages (as young as two months old) in Chesterfield, Michigan.
Our children’s rehabilitation center: Why choose Henry Ford?
The experts at our children’s rehabilitation center help your little one grow and thrive. Highlights of our program include:
- Experienced therapists: Licensed therapists are focused exclusively on the unique needs of children. We have experience in pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapy to ensure your child gets complete care.
- Support and education for parents: We help parents take an active role in their child’s rehabilitation journey. Therapists provide you with care plans and strategies for children at home, at school and at play.
- Local access: Our innovative pediatric therapy services are in the Detroit area. Time-stressed parents no longer need to travel long distances to get the most advanced therapy for their children.
- Specialized equipment: Our clinic features a therapy gym just for kids. All of our therapeutic equipment is designed for the unique needs of children. We even have a pool for aquatic therapy, if applicable.
Conditions we treat
Our therapists treat a wide range of pediatric conditions, including:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays
- Hypotonia, or decreased muscle tone
- Musculoskeletal and neurological disorders
- Orthopedic injuries
- Sensory and integration disorders
Treatments we offer
The success of your child is our top priority. We take a variety of approaches to physical, occupational and speech therapy for kids, including:
- Exercises to develop fine and gross motor skills (muscle movements)
- Feeding therapies to help children chew and swallow safely
- Lessons in activities of daily living (ADL) such as dressing and brushing teeth
- Play-based equipment to keep your child engaged
- Rehabilitation for balance, strength and walking
- Sensory integration therapy to help children process and respond to stimuli
- Serial casting (a series of casts to help stretch muscles and joints) for musculoskeletal and movement disorders
- Stretching and pediatric massage
For more information about pediatric rehabilitation, please call our Chesterfield Rehabilitation Center at (586) 421-3030.