Our physical therapists are ready to serve you, with immediate appointments available, including early morning and evening sessions.
The licensed physical therapists at Henry Ford Health focus on improving your mobility, strength and overall function. Whether you’re recovering from surgery or struggle with chronic pain, we have a team of experts dedicated to helping you heal and thrive.
Physical therapy: Why choose Henry Ford?
Our experts offer whole-person care by evaluating the ways an injury or health condition is affecting your life. We assess all physical, mental and emotional barriers before designing your treatment plan. At Henry Ford, you’ll find:
- Experienced therapists: Many of our physical therapists have specialty certifications from the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). You receive care from highly skilled experts who are always learning new and better ways to provide treatment.
- Easy access: With more than 20 locations throughout southeast and south central Michigan, it’s easy to get physical therapy close to your home or work. We also offer virtual rehabilitation for safe, private one-on-one video sessions with your therapist.
- Integrated care: Therapists stay in close communication with your referring provider. We work together to adjust your care plan as needed, which means you get timely, effective treatment. We can also refer you to other services, such as pain management and integrative medicine, within the Henry Ford network.
- Specialty expertise: We offer specialty rehabilitation, including spine therapy, pain therapy, aquatic therapy and sports therapy. This wide range of expertise means you can get all the care you need from one source.
Conditions our physical therapists treat
We help people of all ages overcome orthopedic and neurologic challenges caused by illness, injury or surgery. Our physical therapists care for:
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head, neck and jaw pain
- Hip, knee and shoulder joint issues
- Limb amputations
- Movement and neuromuscular disorders
- Postoperative recovery
- Spine conditions, including scoliosis
Treatments we offer
We optimize physical function, reduce pain and prevent re-injury with the following treatments and techniques:
- Prehabilitation: Physical therapy before surgery increases strength and range-of-motion in the affected body part. This preparation can help optimize surgical outcomes and improve the recovery process.
- Manual therapy: With hands-on physical therapy, we move, stretch and massage soft tissues and joints. Manual therapy can reduce pain sensitivity, inflammation and may enhance muscle conditioning. At Henry Ford, some physical therapists are certified manual therapists and board-certified clinical specialists.
- McKenzie Method®: We use an evidence-based technique to assess, diagnose and treat musculoskeletal issues. Some of our licensed physical therapists have training and certification in the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT).
- Strength and posture training: We assess your body mechanics when sitting, standing and walking. Therapists create customized exercise programs for people with osteoporosis, scoliosis and other degenerative musculoskeletal conditions.
- Fall prevention: People who have experienced a stroke, brain injury or who are managing a balance disorder such as vestibular dysfunction may be at an increased risk for falls. Therapists can evaluate your fall risk and provide you with equipment or techniques to increase your safety and stability. Learn more about the Henry Ford Falls Prevention Clinic.
Find a location
Henry Ford offers physical therapy at multiple locations throughout southeast and south central Michigan. Contact a location near you to schedule an appointment.
Explore our blogs
Read blog articles and patient stories to learn more about physical therapy: